sorting my itunes by year my favorite hiphop albums from 2000-2008 are

Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

The Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Cormega - The True Meaning

Madvillain - Madvillainy

El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead

Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter

I think those are all worth a listen atleast.

Guest shuka

it's just an opinion bro. i like some of lupe's other stuff more but i was counting only albums, not mixtapes. im a big lupe fan so i had to pick one out of f&l and the cool

I think so, people seem to say that but honestly I listened to that CD the least.

Hocus, I love Cam but I don't see Purple Haze making the list but I guess it's a better album looking back then it was when it came out. 'cause when it released I'd heard half of it already.

^^ Thats a bad fucking list bro, i understand that people who don't know shit about rap or life in general like Eminem, but the MM LP was fucking awful. I can maybe understand the Slim Shady LP cos that was his best shit by far. (still not a fan of Em though)

The Lox - We Are the Streets

Jadakiss - Kiss the Game Goodbye

Styles P - Gangster and a Gentleman

Nas - Stillmatic

Jay-z - Black Album/Blueprint

thread over.

(also good is Scarface - the fix, Shyne - Shyne, ghostface - supreme clientelle, I liked Aziatic and AWOL some might not tho but thats cause AZ is too over ya heads)

not necessarily the best, just ones i like

az - the format

cannibal ox - cold vein

ghostface- supreme clientele

styles p - gangster and a gentleman

dead prez - let's get free

---

cam'ron-come home with me

mf doom-mm food

nas-stillmatic

wu tang clan- iron flag

kanye west- late registration

though for me all outkast, jay-z, and mostly everyone has sucked post 2000

MMLP was the beginning of Eminem's dive into the god awful fucking sub genre of rap he created. The only comparisons i could make after that was with Limp Bizkit and other god forsaken acts that didn't really fall into a certain catagory.

He was all over alternative radio stations, especially in Detroit. Then became real popular on the cheesy radio stations that always played club songs. Then I puked.

Slim Shady LP had some nasty lyrics tho, he reminded me of a white Canibus

I disagree just because the HHNF beats are so amazing, and because Ab and Sandman come so weak on Vol. 2

true x2

but i've never been that impressed with the lesser half of the re-up

and malice and pusha are more on point on vol 2

just an opinion; hell hath no fury is still a beast of a record

you could maybe make the case for both in a top 5...

^^ Thats a bad fucking list bro, i understand that people who don't know shit about rap or life in general like Eminem, but the MM LP was fucking awful. I can maybe understand the Slim Shady LP cos that was his best shit by far. (still not a fan of Em though)

The Lox - We Are the Streets

Jadakiss - Kiss the Game Goodbye

Styles P - Gangster and a Gentleman

Nas - Stillmatic

Jay-z - Black Album/Blueprint

thread over.

(also good is Scarface - the fix, Shyne - Shyne, ghostface - supreme clientelle, I liked Aziatic and AWOL some might not tho but thats cause AZ is too over ya heads)

HA!!! Did NOT expect to see such a gutter list on SuFu...breath of fuckin' fresh air. Although I can't cosign Kiss' first album...none of his albums actually. He's always had solid joints...but they lacked when compared to something as consistent as Face's "The Fix" or "We Are The STreets."

My street twist (shit that hasn't been mentioned yet..."The Fix" and "We Are The Streets" would be on here otherwise):

-Ghostface "Fishscale" ("Supreme Clientele" is A+, but was mentioned)

-Prodigy "HNIC" (re-mention/reminder cause it's that great)

-Styles P "Super Gangster Extraordinary Gentleman" ("Gangster N Gentleman" was mentioned)

-Cam'ron "SDE" (I'd argue that this was his best...but "Come Home With Me" was solid/consistent as well...just not AS angry...still had some hunger left though. Plus he was laced with real producers like Just Blaze, Kanye West, Ty Fyffe (all who gave birth to the Heatmakerz whole style).

-Either State Property 1 or 2 or Beanie Sigel "The Reason"/"B.Coming" (yes I like all of those better than "The Truth")

For sleeper of the year: G-Dep "Child Of The Ghetto" (yep Bad Boy Records...Dep to me was nicer than Shyne...though both Shyne and Dep albums had crazy joints on each of their first albums...and second in Shyne's case...Puff tried to fuck it up, but even his corniness in the background couldn't fade 'em)

Of course Jay-Z's "Blueprint"...but that ain't quite on the same level of gutterness as the above mentioned...still incredible work though.

At least he didn't say that shit with "Ya Teef Iz Yellow" and those video game beats on it. THAT shit...........

Ok' date=' so look I LOVE Canibus more than any other supergay on here, he's my nigga. I can recite 100 bars backwards underwater. but...

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?[/quote']

Nas - Stillmatic

Lil Wayne - Carter II

Kanye West - All of his albums

Rich Boy - Rich Boy

Juelz Santana - What the game's been missing.

It is apparent that we have some young posters here. No hate...just a sign of the times.

It is apparent that we have some young posters here. No hate...just a sign of the times.

Not at all. Those are just the ones which popped up in my head. I can name a few more like the following:

Sheek Louch - Walk with me

T.I - King

To be honest, most of the "albums" I listen to are mixtapes since a couple of my favorite rappers don't get too many record deals. Other's I listen to is Joe Budden who is the most underrated rapper on the planet. The stuff he's been putting out the latest 2-3 years is amazing. Jae Millz, Clipse Red Cafe, Stack Bundles, Jim Jones, A-Team, Hell Rell are a few of the other rappers I enjoy listening to.

So I'm not some kid just listening to what some of you oldies perceive to be "mainstream" rubbish.

1.Nas - stillmatic 2.AZ - Format 3.Kanye West - College Dropout 4.Jayz - Blueprint 5. Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP ahh this was close tho Ghostface killah- Supreme Clientele Camron - Come home with me Lupe fiasco - F&L

-Cam'ron "SDE" (I'd argue that this was his best...but "Come Home With Me" was solid/consistent as well...just not AS angry...still had some hunger left though. Plus he was laced with real producers like Just Blaze, Kanye West,

i didn't even realize sde came out in 2000 probably would've picked that instead 2

i didn't even realize sde came out in 2000 probably would've picked that instead 2

Yo where I'm from, they let the cartridge blast

Everybody smart at math...

Loan sharks with cash, runnin' from the narcs and task

Street arts & craft? C'mon...I start to laugh

Cause I almost caught a case with Rich Parker' ass

Now a nigga paid out, suede couch

I'm into hooded things, bitch butt be way out

These cats be Heathcliff, when I come around

They play mouse

Mickey and Minnie, Jerry from Tom

Heavy in arms

In front of Bam Bam, Hanna Barbarra leather

Collar bent

Cottoncandy-blue gators, polished mint

Ya'll in astonishment, lookin' for acknowledgment

We pour it on 'em...

If he a snitch, throw water on him

Any repercussions make sure me seeds bubble

If you ain't hear me on Clue, I said I see double

Guns, double techs

Hoes, double sex

Accountant handle my money...

But I double check

and so on...

Everytime I put on SDE...that verse has to get rewound a few times.