R.I.P. Monsieur Saint Laurent

beberthur

RIP Monsieur Saint Laurent. . .

I wonder what he thought about the recent YSL collections. I remember him hating Tom Ford (that's a good memory).

Anyone curious about YSL's legend...I highly recommend 'The Beautiful Fall...Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and the Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris' by Alicia Drake. It's a wonderful book about both of their lives in fashion, from beginning to superstardom.

RIP Monsieur Laurent!!!!!!!!

Anyone curious about YSL's legend...I highly recommend 'The Beautiful Fall...Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and the Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris' by Alicia Drake. It's a wonderful book about both of their lives in fashion, from beginning to superstardom.

RIP Monsieur Laurent!!!!!!!!

i've been trying to find this book but keep forgetting the title, thanks for the reminder.

rest in peace YSL, it is indeed a sad moment for fashion, style and culture. Today in the newspaper there was a beautiful quote he once made along the lines of the most beautiful clothing in the world for a woman is the arms of a man she loves, but for those who do not have this happiness, he is there. Very poignant, and a nice reflection of the man's depth and character.

rest in peace YSL, it is indeed a sad moment for fashion, style and culture. Today in the newspaper there was a beautiful quote he once made along the lines of the most beautiful clothing in the world for a woman is the arms of a man she loves, but for those who do not have this happiness, he is there. Very poignant, and a nice reflection of the man's depth and character.

“The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are the arms of the man she loves. But for those who haven’t had the fortune of finding this happiness, I am there.†- Yves Saint Laurent