Skate shoes?

firebad

95% of skate shoes are completely wack. Most of them are fat-tongued, overly-wide, thick-soled, ugly, derivative pieces of garbage! The only ones that are more durable than non skate shoes are the ones that are the absolute worst to skate in: thick soles and plastic or rubber toe caps w/no grip and no flick. Okay, got that off my chest... :)

agreed, most skate shoe companies have totally lost the plot - there are some shockers out there - i still think the kostons are doing it - and about a quarter of the vans range is ok

dvs getz were nice to skate in - but not the best looking shoe - depends what you are after

• 10 months later...

Yo,

After some new skate shoes after ripping my Gino FC's to shit!Basically, I would love something like the Nike Zoom Tre, but I can't afford to get addicted to such expensive shoes and start forkin out loads of money for them on a regular basis!

What do you guys recommend, something on the cheap side that is quite durable and is going to be around for a while (I.E. No limited editions). Board feel is paramount. Mostly doing tech tricks.

What are your favourites?

Cheers guys

half cabs

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Anything on sale rack really, except for Fallen shoes; something about them isnt too appealing nor is elment shoes. Adidas is on the comeback in the skateboard world, check them out; but Tre's last a long time so the amount to go through with one pair would count for 2 or 3. It's up to you, you can get them for 90 in some places.

I think investing in a pair of Zoom Tres is more worth your time than otherwise- I've skated mine hard enough during the past three months to blow out other shoes, and they're still with me and look relatively new.

I skate a lot and the best shoes i have ever had are the etnies faction. they have the vulcanized sole with system g2 so they have great impact protection and the board feel is excellent. IMO theyre even better than half cabs but they dont last too long so id put shoegoo on them when i get em if i were you.

im on my third pair. they have the best flick in the world.

and theyre cheap too.

You best protect ya neck

canvas slip ons from walmart. 6.95 and the best board feel ever. one pair per day skating, or maybe a fouple days with shoe goo.

i agree. get the stuff thats cheap as shit. then keep buying. the grip tapes gonna eat into any shoe no matter the price. so either get alot of the cheap stuff or buy something with a very resiliant toebox.

cabs are nice.

Cheers for the advice guys!

Would like to tyr out the Zoom Tres one day in the future when I have a more steady incomem but for now I will stick to something cheaper.

I am tempted by accels, my friend has a pair and htye are comfy as fuck, couldn't imagine skating in them though, they may be a bit to "padded"

Haven't seen the factions, but I think a vulcanised sole feels fucking fantastic, so will look into these!Any idea on the price of the eS square ones or Lakai MJ selects?

Seems to be a strong posse rocking the half cabs!Think I may go for these ,but are you wearing the standard ones, or the syndicate hemps?

Cheers guys!

standard half cabs. they are around 45$(here at least)

Accels are one of the best skate shoes made...

They arent too padded for me, of course it depends what youre used to.

I've been skating in Dunk SB's and while they are comfy and nice looking they dont last as much as other skate shoes.

I've found a lot of nike skate shoes for cheap (all models pretty much) at Nike outlets, so if there is one nearby check em out and make friends with an employee.

The "new" Koston 1's are great too... but not sure how 'cheap' they are though.

I figure if youre going to spend 50 might as well spend 65 on a shoe that will function/protect/last.

As for half cabs, Its been well over 10 years since I've skated in them.

P.s. Vulcanized may be in right now, but it wears pretty fast.

Edited by TheFly on May 23, 2006 at 09:44 AM

Quote:

agreed....i have killed three pairs of dunks in the last couple months and the black red tre's are got are sill goin strong. the only thing that wears away is the upper below the laces....so comfy too, and grip....oh my!

--- Original message by kixslf on May 22, 2006 02:59 PM

word.

tres are seriously the bomb. dont have to worry abt these babies bailing on you anytime soon. toebox is fuckin indestructible.

punk me, bitch.

• 2 years later...