Skate shoes?

firebad

nah, half cab pro. same construction and shape as syndicates, but easier to get and you wont pay rape prices. great colorways too.

i would highly recommend adidas gazelle skates too... awesome shoes for cup soles.

thanks for the heads up...half cabs are hard to get in Germany anyway but I'll try to get my hands on a pair of pro's.

I should probably try Gazelles...very easy to get here hahah

shit, i should do skate shoe proxys, as everything always ends up going on sale here... i got my adidas 40% off, i can get most nike sb 50% off a few months after they drop... most of em just sit on the shelves. half cabs do sell out quick here, but thats because kona sells em for 50$ i think.

holy shit.

im sorry... that sucks. at those prices, id recommend some adidas vulk soles. if you havent tried the adidas skate line, do it. same high quality that adidas is known for.

i've been skating the superstar's that i got really cheap and i love them. holding up really well, not to thick but have decent protection

Do half cabs come in syndicate and pro only. Or do I need to make sure they are Pro for some special difference (thinking vulc maybe?) No idea/

im pretty sure the pro and syndicate just use different materials for the upper, maybe tongue padding is different but im not sure, they all have the same vulc soles though. i remember getting a pair of those supreme half cabs with the micro checkers on em, they were so good to me. the leather insole molded to my feet and the tongue wasn't padded which i liked a lot. i don't think they have any half cabs like that anymore, if anyone of you know where, let me know pleaseeee

my favorite skate shoe at the moment is the carroll select from lakai. they are pretty close to perfect and pretty cheap too.

You mean these?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7305470/c/106.html

Cause I have a pair too. Pretty good pair, but since I'm a commuting skateboarder, I do a lot of ollieing throughout my day, and I'm going through a lottttt of shoe goo use after 2-3 weeks.

A great shoe in terms of durability but not price is the Nike SB Tre's. Those shoes are seriously some of the most durable shoes ever skated.

nikesb_tre_whtgldblk.jpg

Basically the toe is hard rubber instead of the typical suede/leather/pleather we see on skate shoes. The laces are protected really well too. I have that pair but haven't used it enough to get a full impression. After a couple sessions breaking them in, they definitely feel good so far.

Supra is coming out with a "Tuf" line in a week or two thats supposed to be revolutionary in terms of style and durability. Probably worth a peak, it was on HB a couple days ago.

http://hypebeast.com/2008/05/supra-tuf

Definitely loving the look of those shoes. :cool:

K3's mothafuckaaaaaaaa.

Your a fucking idiot. K3's are the gayest shoes to skate in. Sure they looked alright back in 2000, but theyre the worst shoes you could ever skate in.

Good shoes, Lakai selects, manchester, howard and koston, and any of them basically. Fallen rippers, or any Fallens that are vulcanized. Emerica reynolds 3's, kircharts shoe.

There's heaps of others, but personally i consider lakai, fallen and emerica to have the best shoes for skating at the moment.

• 5 years later...

bumping an old thread... getting back into skating (again)

what are y'all wearin now?

currently have nike koston 2s, which are holding up very well... despite the lunar insole cushioning, they have excellent board feel.  i don't think i could ever buy another vulcanized shoe.  the new tech-focused offerings from vans, nike, and adidas look really awesome, and i'm excited to see what new stuff comes next.  tried on the nike project ba shoe recently too... super comfy.  never though i'd see this coming, but skate shoes that feel like running shoes are the future.  

i heard that Ã©S shoes were gonna come back soon... anyone know if this is true?

bumping an old thread... getting back into skating (again)

what are y'all wearin now?

currently have nike koston 2s, which are holding up very well... despite the lunar insole cushioning, they have excellent board feel.  i don't think i could ever buy another vulcanized shoe.  the new tech-focused offerings from vans, nike, and adidas look really awesome, and i'm excited to see what new stuff comes next.  tried on the nike project ba shoe recently too... super comfy.  never though i'd see this coming, but skate shoes that feel like running shoes are the future.  

i heard that Ã©S shoes were gonna come back soon... anyone know if this is true?

i pretty much skate everywhere i go now but rarely fck around with tricks anymore besides ollies and pop shuvits so protection and padding is less of a priority for me.

i know theyre played but stefan janoski sb's feel plain amazing.  and the older suede models are incredibly durable.  i have a pair thats almost 4 years old thats still keeping up.  nike also briefly f'd around with a slipon with a zoom air insole called the verona i think.  i have a white glossy leather version that is truly sex in terms of board feel.  unfortunately the sole near the toe region wore down and i cant wear them in the rain or anywhere damp for the matter.  nike really needs to redo those

kind of intrigued with lunarfoam and running shoeish skate shoes you mentioned but not sure exactly how thatd work since i run in lunarspiders, walk in roshe runs, and ball in kobes and dont know how that type of weight distribution would translate to skating

Edited by ilovefriedchicken