Buying DJ equipment in Shanghai - and where to stay?

fooze

Hello everyone,

I am going to Shanghai for four days only in July. I am going there myself and I don't know Chinese.

I want to buy DJ equipment (CDJ1000 MK3) while I'm there, so I would like to ask the following questions:

* Do you know any good DJ equipment stores in Shanghai?

* I found one store (http://sunnytone.com/en/) on 5 Hunan Lu, which seems pretty central. Close to HuaiHai Xu.

* Do you have any recommendations for accommodation in the city - in what district/hotel should I stay to have easy access to most of what Shanghai can offer a lonely traveller like me in four days?

I want to be able to stay at a relatively good hotel, the reason being security (so I can keep my DJ gear safe...) and also that I don't know English and would perhaps need access to hotel taxis.

Is this possible for around $85 USD/night?

Greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

The Hunan Lu shop comes to mind (already mentioned). But its also fun checking out all the elctronic markets, maybe not for first class new stuff, but for quirky pieces of various design.

Try Modern Electronic City on the corner of Fuxing Zhong Lu and Xiangyang Lu.

Also got to Digital City or Digital Plaza at Xujiahui for floors of electronic and hi-fi stuff.

Audiophiles should check out the rear of MeiLongChang on the 3rd or 4th floor - full of valve amps and other music equipment. very entertaining.

Enjoy.