Y-3 Honja Hi Metallic (Gold)

omgthomas

It was suggested that I post this here instead of supershopper so here goes:

Hi!

What are everyones' thoughts on the Y-3 Honja Hi Metallics (Gold)? Some claim it to be a Supra rip-off but whatever (style and originality come more from how a person wears it and their level of confidence/attitude). I like the low profile sole and overall refined look of this shoe over other metallics. I'll probably rock them with my usual skinnys bunched at the bottom. How would you wear them?

ps/ on the flip-side, maybe I'll put them away for a year or so and rock them after the metallic trend has gone away. hmmm...

link: http://hypebeast.com/2008/03/y-3-200...ear-collection

@kobot:

point taken but truth be told these kicks aren't really about keeping with the trend is it? i think, at least for me, it's about being audacious and projecting openly what others feel inside. ok, that might be a bit too foo-foo philosophical but it's my justification for eating ramen and milk duds for the next 2 weeks so i can pay for 'em. :) nevertheless, thanx kobot... and billy?