[not just a] Summer Movie thread

Sayword

While it was enjoyable, it definitely can't compare to any of the other Indy movies. I hated Janusz Kaminski's cinematography and he should of just stuck with the gritty 80s feel of the early indy movies, and not this ethereal, lots of backlighting, glowing heads bullshit. Just that aspect alone made it not seem like an Indy film at all. Also, CGI is the death of cinema, and here it was like they were using it just cause they could. Gophers, monkeys, ants, what the fuck? Also throughout the movie I was somewhat bored, there just wasn't this sense of urgency and danger like in the previous films.

Seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button trailer was well worth it however.

I bet the fight in the 2 vehicles over the amazonian cliff was entirely on CGI blue screen.

Compared to the fight with the tank in Last Crusade which wasnt.

anyone interested in the movie wiht brad pitt

it was shown in the traielr parts of indy 4

the curious tale of benajmin button.

That trailer was the highlight of Indiana Jones, seriously Indy 4 SUCKED!

Heres a trailer for The Curious Tale of Benjamin Button in Spanish

PqvVD6HQqyM

What the hell was Lucas thinking scripting Crystal Skull?

This was like the Da Vinci Code. Taking an old controversial subject, repackaged it and make tons of money out of it. But who on earth wants to watch Indiana Jones to watch about aliens? Indy is about old time swashbuckling fun with tons of comedy thrown in not some X files conspiracy.

Also where was opening introduction which in the past featured Indy in a tale something totally different from the main story?

It should have ended with Last Crusade where Indy and his dad gets rewarded with immortality for their upright actions saving arifacts for humanity not this sad sad show. I wonder which is worse? This or Terminator 3?

really all the summer blockbuster season means to me is substance abuse: there will be only 1 to 3 (if i'm lucky) movies worth watching that don't require me to be a) trashed, B) baked, or c) all of the above in order to enjoy. i was already expecting the negative reaction to Indiana Jones, i mean- who didn't see that coming.

but i am looking forward to the Dark Knight and Pineapple Express. iffy on the Hulk. i love Edward Norton, but it just looks too serious for a summer blockbuster.

Iron Man has to be the standard for this year's summer movies. IMHO

i def. agree. Iron Man will definitely be the best blockbuster this year, and has raised the bar for my expectations from other movies this summer.

Dark Knight is much much better

oh, don't get me wrong. it's going to be awesome. i've been waiting for this movie to drop since the first one hit theaters. after watching Iron Man though, i'm finding it hard to believe that there could be any movie that can compare in terms of a successful (and suprisingly good) blockbuster. it'll definitely hold it's own, but i don't want to be disappointed by a movie i've been waiting for (for years, it seems).

• 3 weeks later...
oh, don't get me wrong. it's going to be awesome. i've been waiting for this movie to drop since the first one hit theaters. after watching Iron Man though, i'm finding it hard to believe that there could be any movie that can compare in terms of a successful (and suprisingly good) blockbuster. it'll definitely hold it's own, but i don't want to be disappointed by a movie i've been waiting for (for years, it seems).

are you fucking serious? dark knight will RAPE iron man, straight goods.

Just watched Hulk and enjoyed it. One thing I found hilarious though was when Hulk brings down the chopper by the University and then it just magically begins to rain? Another awesome part was the Michael K Williams cameo.

*MINOR SPOILERS*

One gripe with the ending though. Starks meeting with the General in the bar felt a little forced. I'm not sure if that's how it went in the comics, but I think it would have been cooler for Stark to come to Banner in his canadian wilderness cabin.