Comme des Garçons for H&M

I've heard rumors of a two item limit. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Not sure about US. But I have got confirmation in the UK that there will be no limit on how many pieces I can get on the pre-sale event on the 12th because they have a lot of stock! So I assume will be the same for the 13th?

It makes more sense to limit the buyers on pre sale events so they won't be sold out before the actual release date but that's not the case!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I love CdG and I love H&M, but stuff likes this ensures I'll never go for collaboration pieces.

Makes far more sense to just save up for good quality CdG pieces, or just buy disposable H&M when I'm feeling peasant status.

Shit like this makes me want to punch people to grab junk.

the limit of 2 of each piece is not that bad unless you're a professional reseller. i have a feeling people are underestimating this. there will be a line and there will be chaos. it might be a little less since there are sales everywhere but it will still be an asian invasion.

then go there with friends that don't care about fashion. i'll try to get a polka dot shirt, a wallet (depend on price there) and a scarf, other stuff don't interest me much.

Why are people scrambling over themselves over this rather shoddy collaboration? Kawakubo has shot herself in the foot. I could handle Play, but this is just peasant status.

Please someone explain the appeal? The quality we all know is going to be shoddy. Just look at the Viktor and Rolf collaboration. Is this really for those out there who can't afford the real thing?

Celebrity designer + limited edition means lots of wannabe fashionheads going apeshit. Quality of construction and design does not even factor into any of it.

I saw the vid on nymag of the party where they debuted the collection in NYC and every person they interviewed gushing over the collection was mix of ugly, fat, lispy, and asian. No hate to OMC and crew who enjoyed the party but damn everyone they filmed looked like a tranny beauty school dropout.

the limit of 2 of each piece is not that bad unless you're a professional reseller.
Celebrity designer + limited edition means lots of wannabe fashionheads going apeshit. Quality of construction and design does not even factor into any of it.

I just read an interview with some H&M people (creative design director and business blah blah blah you can read it here but it's what you'd expect). I only mention it because they say they were disappointed to see the stuff go up on eBay so quickly. They also said someone e-mailed them saying "I just love H&M because all my life I have dreamed of wearing a piece by Karl and all of a sudden you've made it possible." I have nothing against that, but yeah, what you'd expect.

I saw the vid on nymag of the party where they debuted the collection in NYC and every person they interviewed gushing over the collection was mix of ugly, fat, lispy, and asian. No hate to OMC and crew who enjoyed the party but damn everyone they filmed looked like a tranny beauty school dropout.

i was there for the booze. and i definitely enjoyed that a lot. no offense taken.

Why are people scrambling over themselves over this rather shoddy collaboration? Kawakubo has shot herself in the foot. I could handle Play, but this is just peasant status.

Please someone explain the appeal? The quality we all know is going to be shoddy. Just look at the Viktor and Rolf collaboration. Is this really for those out there who can't afford the real thing?

Utter, crushing, soul-destroying, heaving, lisping, waddling insecurity.

Why is it bothering you, and why did she shoot herself in the foot? The shit will sell, it's more promotion, and maybe some peasants will look into CdG.

I think Play is much worse than this. Play is just highly overpriced basics with an ugly logo on it. That's all.

At least this is something different from the design point at decent prices. You can't really get a suit for $300, and you definitely can't get one that's at least a little different than regular shit. Materials are fine for the price. Nobody is saying it's just like regular CdG. It's cheap and fun, and in no way will be negative for Rei or CdG.

HELLO

PLEASE JOIN US ON THURSDAY NOVEMBER 13TH 7-10pm

FOR A PARTY CELEBRATION IN HONOR OF THE COMME DES GARCONS x H&M COLLABORATION!!!!

DRINKS, MUSIC, MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE!!!

BEST

COMME DES GARCONS Guerrilla Store +1 213

125 W 4th street #106

Los Angeles Ca 90013

213 626 6606

H&M is taking action to make sure Comme fans can get the pieces they want instead of half the line going to rabid eBay sellers. Customers will be able to purchase only two items of the same style, according to a press release. So you can buy every item in the collection, but only two of each piece.

Why is it bothering you, and why did she shoot herself in the foot? The shit will sell, it's more promotion, and maybe some peasants will look into CdG.

I think Play is much worse than this. Play is just highly overpriced basics with an ugly logo on it. That's all.

At least this is something different from the design point at decent prices. You can't really get a suit for $300, and you definitely can't get one that's at least a little different than regular shit. Materials are fine for the price. Nobody is saying it's just like regular CdG. It's cheap and fun, and in no way will be negative for Rei or CdG.

It doesn't bother me that much? I'm trying to understand why people are hyping themselves up about it? I'm merely creating a bit of discussion? Something this forum heavily lacks amongst it's shit talking and latest Supreme drops.

Reason why it's her shooting herself in the foot is that isn't the thought behind the whole CDG ethic is quality in materials, including types of material used as well as design? The H&M collaboration will severely lack in quality because of the H&M tag and manufacturing.

Of course I can see her attracting a new customer base, but those who are jumping through loops for the CDG collaborationg clothes probably feel it's their only chance of owning something "high end" as they are disinterested in spending any more on the "real" thing. Peasant status indeed.

Oh and, coats aside, polka dots? seriously? I thought we went through that fad a couple of seasons back. Sounds like Rei has dug out her old designs just because she's too lazy to do anything else for H&M.