annahagen

Guest jmatsu

Guest jmatsu
Since I'm in running commentary mode, I give this the thumbs down.

Whatchu think?

yeah... i mean overall, nothing that exciting. like most labels, i'd just like to cherrypick shit. the shorts look good. the silouette and length looks just right for me. alota throw away pieces, but nothing terrible.

I like the shorts and this jacket

SS08_M04.jpg

Some of the other stuff looks alright i guess. A few other little pieces are solid.

neptune- any pics of the women stuff?

All the bottoms look akward to me, add to that that the model has some FTB(no hate) style stance/body type, and his expression isn't helping either.

Having scrolled down to type this, the only piece I still remember is that bordeaux knit collar thing, but the zipper isn't doing it for me on that one...

• 2 weeks later...

I like the shorts and this specific top

Since this is the S/S 08 line, that Sien store in Antwerp probably stocks 'em. Anyone around there and willing to proxy, let me know.

Also, sorry about reposting this in another thread. My bad.

it has the sheen of Lanvin and the drape of Rick Owens, somehow it doesn't quite mix, and as mentioned before ideas are derivative.

at this point some of these silhouette ideas are getting quite repetitive...pipcleo from SZ made a good point about how everything has descended into a state of drapiness, tightness, and laziness. I don't find any of it inspiring it all looks the same.

i am not the biggest fan of Raf simons these days, but with this winter's JS collection at least i felt he was trying to inject something fresh into the vocabulary of men's tailoring outside of the Lanvin/RO scope of two polar opposites that seem to be dictating it right now. There's only so much one can do with menswear...i think it'd be more interesting to explore some of the grey areas in the middle.