Sign in to follow this  
jeepster

Classic Video Game Thread

this kind of shit makes me all depressed though... because i really want to play these games again but its a lot ofwork to download the emulator, set it up, download the rom or alternately buy a couple new consoles...

C'mon Diamonds. Stop being so lazy. It's really not that much work to download emulators and roms. Unless you're trying to play 32 bit games.

Super Mario Bros. 2&3 played both of those for countless hours.

Super_Mario_Kart_snes_ScreenShot1.jpg

Is Monkey Island old enough to be classic yet?

I deem games like Monkey Island and the like to be classic because they've earned their status as some of the best games ever created. More and more it's hard to find classic games in video games that have just come out. Even the GTA series is gonna take some reevalution down the road to constitute it as a classic series. But games that come out and totally revolutionize gameplay or bring about a new thought into the arena of games are immediately classic in my book (I discount GTA because there were countless kill 'em all/steal cars/perp on people games that were better executed - until GTA went to the higher level platforms)

Sega Genesis throwback...

gunstar_box.jpg

I was never much into Sega but they had some great titles. Didn't play nearly as much as SNES on the scale of things.

C'mon Diamonds. Stop being so lazy. It's really not that much work to download emulators and roms. Unless you're trying to play 32 bit games.

well i already have the snes emu and psx emu... and hundreds of games for the snes emulator. :o

lags on my computer though.

toejam and earl was such a great game on two player.

cant forget the public school special...

61YSJZCWX6L_SL500_AA280_.jpg

well i already have the snes emu and psx emu... and hundreds of games for the snes emulator. :o

lags on my computer though.

what kind of computer do you have?

you should probably just change the refresh rate of your screen. helps a bunch.

supermariorpgbox.jpg

favorite game of all time, there's just something so subtly dark about this game that makes it so awesome

O my god yes ^ is this coming to the virtual console soon? Plus harvest moon anyone for the 64?

^it's interesting you post that. I was just playing Super Mario 64 and realizing how similar some of the level designs/general geshtalt are between the two.

Late period SNES is good stuff.

it's been an expected VC release but it has yet to show...

I'm more so wishing for a DS re-release but I doubt it :(

Seriously what levels are similar I haven't played either for probably over 5 years and Late SNES for the win and I think Super Mario RPG is better than the new Paper Mario games..

what kind of computer do you have?

you should probably just change the refresh rate of your screen. helps a bunch.

2.3GHZ Celeron Processor

512MB RAM

128MB RADEON Video Card

Both of my harddrives are full.

Refresh rate is at 60 Hertz, what should it be at... I've never changed that before.

it's been an expected VC release but it has yet to show...

I'm more so wishing for a DS re-release but I doubt it :(

Hmmm last I heard it coming out soon but haven't heard shit in forever and that would be amazing good lord..

But anyone play Zombie ate my neighbors?

2.3GHZ Processor

512 MB RAM

Refresh rate is at 60 Hertz, what should it be at... I've never changed that before.

You could probably stand to put it up to the highest setting that it can be at. I don't think it will really effect anything overall, but it should be able to fix the lag. Otherwise its the emulator you're using. Unfortunately, a lot of the emulators still used are going on 10 years old, so they are a bit obsolete and tend to run shitty on newer computers. ZSNES was the best, but since XP is not on that MS-DOS tip no more, it runs shitty. SNES9X still runs alright. Which one are you using?

EDIT: also defrag your HD's to free up space. Get an external and delete some old/useless shit. I feel like your mother telling you to clean your room.

yo i have so many super nes game music stuck in my head...

But Resident Evil 2. Fucking boarded up hallway. You go through it once, nothing.

You go through it AGIANSIGNASDLKGNSDLGNSDJGN OH FUCKING ARMS THROUGH THE WALL I TURNED OFF THE PLAYSTATIONS

Ok. So RE 2 again. I'm walking. Scenario B. Police station office, lalallallaa OHHHH FGUCKCK TYRANT THrougH THE WALL ITS FOLLOWING ME FUCK THIS SHITTTTTTT

all i play is genesis, not worth it for me to dish out the dough for a new system when sega is just as good and i have like 100 games

Yeah. I've had two roomates (not counting their cunt girlfriends who ruined everything) throughout my life. In each situation it was the same. When we gamed, we played genesis. Period.

Here's one that's already a classic:

mass-effect-boxart.jpg

Seriously what levels are similar I haven't played either for probably over 5 years and Late SNES for the win and I think Super Mario RPG is better than the new Paper Mario games..

super fx chip is where it's at.

Paper Mario is cute but comes nowhere near the level of Super Mario RPG, I did enjoy the first Mario & Luigi for GBA quite a lot though

super fx chip is where it's at.

Paper Mario is cute but comes nowhere near the level of Super Mario RPG, I did enjoy the first Mario & Luigi for GBA quite a lot though

I will have to check it out for myself...

But I also liked all the paper mario games but your right and I played the first M & L is the second one worth playing?

I'm probably projecting more than I'm tangibly remembering... the character designs are similar (that pre-Y2K blocky polygonal 3D animation), similar plot elements (I mean it's Mario - how different can you get)... I should re-download the RPG, its been probably as long since I've played it.

Original cartridge video games are gonna one day be as niche and indie as vinyl...

I will have to check it out for myself...

But I also liked all the paper mario games but your right and I played the first M & L is the second one worth playing?

I played the DS one for a few hours but didn't like it as much for some reason... the music was kinda bland?

hmm I'll probably go back and play both too see what your talking about but I get the general Idea

and cartridge's cost so much fucking money 50 bucks for Super Smash on the 64 fuck that

I played the DS one for a few hours but didn't like it as much for some reason... the music was kinda bland?

Damnit well I still haven't bought a DS but I guess that one isn't worth picking up :(

yo i have so many super nes game music stuck in my head...

But Resident Evil 2. Fucking boarded up hallway. You go through it once, nothing.

You go through it AGIANSIGNASDLKGNSDLGNSDJGN OH FUCKING ARMS THROUGH THE WALL I TURNED OFF THE PLAYSTATIONS

Ok. So RE 2 again. I'm walking. Scenario B. Police station office, lalallallaa OHHHH FGUCKCK TYRANT THrougH THE WALL ITS FOLLOWING ME FUCK THIS SHITTTTTTT

HOLY SHIT

I know. RE was buckwild. Always the scariest thing to play. I used to eat that shit up back in the day, was all into the story/comics/etc. Since I never had console I always had to wait a year or two after the game came out to find a working emulator/rom. RE2&3 are the best original titles for PS1 under the survival terror genre.

RE remakes for Gamecube are BEYOND amazing and BEYOND scary. I could never play them for more than 30 minutes at a time when I was over at friends houses. So fucking ponderous, so fucking scary, so fucking endless.

5770.jpg

Changed my life..

Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg

streets2.jpg

Ken_Griffey_Jr._Presents_Major_League_Baseball_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg

One of the best psychological thriller games out there imo