Classic Video Game Thread

jeepster

jihyggygygyfs2.jpg

It was probably already posted but I'm going to post it again. I probably play through most of the Marathon series at least once a year. It's funny that such a dated game in a genre so little known for it still probably has - at least in my (science fiction) addled mind - one of the most interesting and complex plotlines I've about ever seen.

Seriously - look at this shit.

oh man this game. my older sis dated a very nerdy/intellectual kinda guy like in 1997 and he had a megadrive. so each time they were dating she would bring me to his place and i played this game for... long enough...

It was probably already posted but I'm going to post it again. I probably play through most of the Marathon series at least once a year.

fuck I totally just downloaded Marathon Infinity again and am now playing it again

I once thought to escape

escape would have made us gods

All three of the Marathon games are free for download now and you can play them in OS X using Aleph One. It's definitely worth it.

jihyggygygyfs2.jpg

It was probably already posted but I'm going to post it again. I probably play through most of the Marathon series at least once a year. It's funny that such a dated game in a genre so little known for it still probably has - at least in my (science fiction) addled mind - one of the most interesting and complex plotlines I've about ever seen.

Seriously - look at this shit.

I'm very curious about this game. I'm at work so I don't have time to navigate that site. Looked very interesting, though.

Was this already posted?

alexkidd.jpg

The only game I could never beat...

alexkidd2.gif

Loved this game. There was the ring that shot the half moon things in that star box in the middle, yes ? Could never beat it on master system, downloaded an emulator and did it on pc a few years back. Closure.

Wonder boy 2 was probably my favourite ms game.:

Wonder_Boy_in_Super_Monster_Land_SMS_ScreenShot2.jpg

Loved this game. There was the ring that shot the half moon things in that star box in the middle, yes ? Could never beat it on master system, downloaded an emulator and did it on pc a few years back. Closure.

Same here. I've got an Xbox with an emulator also and I'm gettin there... Had to cheat and look up the Rock Paper Scissors sequence online.

• 2 years later...

cOWRNLaCMJg

u0G12EBW4KY

old b/w pokemon music rules

i want to play duke nukem 3d
(had the fuckin best theme ..,)

poyWs95UYCI

drinking the toilet water to regain health and pestering the strippers
fuck yeah

this statement blows the roof off of a ton more possibility's, nice.

for some reason i thought of this: i rented it and liked it a lot when in younger days...

FestQuest.jpg

Festers Quest is one of my fav games. It always seemed so sprawling and hard when i was a kid but now I realize its pretty straight forward classic game design! dope music too and who doesnt love a game starring fester

Why didn't someone tell me about this thread earlier?

73n7HTcmb5g

my vote for some of the best music in a video game ever as well as one of the best platformers ever

Hell yeah, quality game, had a real atmosphere.

Kirbys pinball on the gameboy was quality, everyone remembers tetris but that game was awesome. Old style game....

Duke nukem and the old Doom games rocked too......Killer Instinct was class too...

Wonder boy 2 was probably my favourite ms game.:

Wonder_Boy_in_Super_Monster_Land_SMS_ScreenShot2.jpg

wonderboy in monster land was too sick.. used to play it all the time at 7-11 lol