Classic Video Game Thread

jeepster

^^NBA jam TE is great. There is this bar nearby that has a genesis, nes and snes hooked up behind the counter for customers to play and they rotate the games each day. They had nba jam last week and a nice little tourney developed. Great concept.

This thread needs waymore co-op arcade beat-em-ups. These are the only games that I'd play at the arcades, since one or two quarters go a VERY long way. Also instills a feeling of camraderie and healthy competition... moreso than vs. fighting games.

First-off, my favorite because of the featured multiple air combos, Alien Vs. Predator

U8gz5oQzops

Second favorite for it's branching levels and RPG elements, Dungeons and Dragons (shadow over mysteria and predecessor)

Q1nt3aUyLxM

Then of course there are those for pure cartoon/comic/geek fun:

Xmen (GREAT 6 player!!!!WIDESCREEN ARCADE)

bCGqFATROdc

Simpsons

lW2qT52zLSU

TMNT

ca2MQJKscUs

I just found out you can play these multiplayer co-ops through the internet using some weird KAWAKs program or something like that. Someone on sufu do this? Teach me I wanna play aiens vs. predator again 4 player!!!!

OGOD I ALMOST FORGOT... moonwalk

StT5017hCFk

This thread needs waymore co-op arcade beat-em-ups. These are the only games that I'd play at the arcades, since one or two quarters go a VERY long way. Also instills a feeling of camraderie and healthy competition... moreso than vs. fighting games.

First-off, my favorite because of the featured multiple air combos, Alien Vs. Predator

U8gz5oQzops

Second favorite for it's branching levels and RPG elements, Dungeons and Dragons (shadow over mysteria and predecessor)

Q1nt3aUyLxM

Then of course there are those for pure cartoon/comic/geek fun:

Xmen (GREAT 6 player!!!!WIDESCREEN ARCADE)

bCGqFATROdc

Simpsons

lW2qT52zLSU

TMNT

ca2MQJKscUs

i'm dissapointed that i havn't seen this bitch yet

bionic_commando_nextgen.jpg

easily one of the most fun games i've played in my life

large_tekken.jpg

this one isn't quite classic yet but it gets shit done

i'm missing a bunch that havn't been listed yet but i don't want to find pictures

I played Bionic Commando for the original gameboy. Good memories. TTT also, man I played the shit out of that game back in middle school. T4 sucked so I didn't play Tekken until I found that DR was at my university arcade. T6 looks pretty amazing.

anybody still play Tekken?

hit me up on PS3 to get FUCKING OWNEDDDDDDD ;)

I'll play you, as long as you don't abuse lag with cheap shit or throw a lot (throws are practically unescapeable online). I fuckin hate Tekken online. Doesn't help that I play it on an HDTV either, lag kills. PSN ID: scfdefinit Add me.

Some good ass RPGs listed in here but.. two of my favorite PSX RPGs that I haven't seen listed yet (maybe because they weren't so popular back in the day but are collectibles now):

xenogears.jpg

Caratula+Star+Ocean:+The+Second+Story.jpg

Super7 is hosting their 7th anniversary at their store in San Francisco. Part of the party will be the fact that you can play classic arcade games for free. You'll be surronded by a bunch of toy geeks though.

More info here.

Can't believe nobody's posted this yet:

CopyofMystBoxPlaincopy.jpg

The original game came with this notebook that I just FILLED with notes, schematics, maps - I've never played another video game that sucked me in so much. Riven was perhaps even better, me and my friend spent the better part of 5th grade working through it. I'd have dreams about it!