Classic Video Game Thread

jeepster

Fallen,

Im surprised you didnt put Battletoads & Double Dragon.. That game to this day is still one of my favorite snes games and I still do play it occasionally even though i've beaten it already..

battletoads2.jpg

And im surprised no one has brought this game up:

1091224246-00.jpg

I played this game non stop...

contra1.jpg

61KTPYDHJHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This game, at its time was like World of Warcraft to me.. Played this until my eyes burned..

mm7snes_2.jpg

Best Megaman sequel imo

You get +rep. Clocktower for PS1 is my favorite game. I never had the pleasure of playing the original for snes. How was it?

hey, thanks.

SNES Clock Tower is my favorite survival horror game, even if the graphics are outdated. The story sucks you in and some parts of the game are pretty freaky (i.e. being trapped in a cage with a starving man who will kill and eat you if you do not feed him something else)

The only annoying part was the "panic mode" that the protagonist goes through. She tends to trip a lot and it's inconvenient when Scissorman is chasing you.

Download the ROM and emulator; it's worth giving it a shot.

So on that emulator tangent:

What ever happened to www.plasticman.org?

That site was the shit.

Same with www.oneminuteleft.com

they just up and died and left the emu/rom world scrambling to find replacements. And now in the age of torrents, its impossible to find as reliable sites as those.

Dammit. Times have changed.

is goldeneye on n64 classic worthy? i think ive spend more time playing multiplayer goldeneye then any other multiplayer game. proximity mines were the shit.

naw, it was all about remote mines and blowing them up mid-air

is goldeneye on n64 classic worthy? i think ive spend more time playing multiplayer goldeneye then any other multiplayer game. proximity mines were the shit.

That game was classic the moment it came out. Revolutionized console FPS's

man there was this one game on Sega Genesis or Saturn that I used to play with my dad

it was a classic beat em up, multiplayer and the one thing I remember most was that when you ate chicken you regained health

anyone know?

:\

I believe you could play as a black guy, too

edit: it was Streets of Rage

you also gained strength from eating roasted chicken in tekken 3.

i also loved super mario RPG. the overall pitch of the dialogue and environment is so somber compared to other super mario games. leave it to square enix to disfigure the relentlessly optimistic attitude of super mario. whatever happened to geno? ive never seen him in any other mario releases

I heard Nintendo didn't like what squaresoft (pre squeenix) did with the mario universe. That's pretty much why they've completely ignored the story/characters (geno/mallow) developed in the game. Paper Mario is probably more of what they wanted.

There was a reference to Geno in one of the Mario and Luigi RPG games though, and Geno would have been a shoe-in as a playable in Brawl if Nintendo had given Sakurai the ok on it. There was a poll asking what characters should be in the game, that's how Snake and Sonic got their spots. I think Geno was actually ahead of Snake.

Sufu Chinatown arcade meet up this summer.

Hah, I'm an all-luck button masher. Usually get pretty far on a $1 in quarters that way.

But you can't touch me in Centipede on arcade. I am re-donk-u-lous at it.

I like clunky game control too (10)

Did anyone cop one of those USB console controllers? I was thinking of getting a Genesis or SNES controller with a USB hook up, haven't heard much feedback about them though.

Already have a video cable to hook up my Macbook to a TV, so a quality controller would complete my emulation gaming set up.