Classic Video Game Thread

jeepster

You could probably stand to put it up to the highest setting that it can be at. I don't think it will really effect anything overall, but it should be able to fix the lag. Otherwise its the emulator you're using. Unfortunately, a lot of the emulators still used are going on 10 years old, so they are a bit obsolete and tend to run shitty on newer computers. ZSNES was the best, but since XP is not on that MS-DOS tip no more, it runs shitty. SNES9X still runs alright. Which one are you using?

EDIT: also defrag your HD's to free up space. Get an external and delete some old/useless shit. I feel like your mother telling you to clean your room.

snes9x

DEFRAG YOUR FACE, MOM

HOLY SHIT

I know. RE was buckwild. Always the scariest thing to play. I used to eat that shit up back in the day, was all into the story/comics/etc. Since I never had console I always had to wait a year or two after the game came out to find a working emulator/rom. RE2&3 are the best original titles for PS1 under the survival terror genre.

RE remakes for Gamecube are BEYOND amazing and BEYOND scary. I could never play them for more than 30 minutes at a time when I was over at friends houses. So fucking ponderous, so fucking scary, so fucking endless.

i loved re2

anyone play fatal frame?

Yo Geek,

Konami is coming out with Silent Hill: Homecoming.. A new installment in the silent hill series.. This makes it number 6 now..

BanjoKazooie_qjpreviewth.jpeg

You simply can't fuck with this game..

Banjo kazooie 3 is comin out for xbox 360.. Cant fuckin waittttt

snes9x

DEFRAG YOUR FACE, MOM

WATCH YOUR TONE YOUNG MAN.

I think I'm gonna try and find a newer and better emulator. Despite the fact that I only play emulator games on a windows ME PC downstairs...

Secret of Mana fucking owned

true. I never beat it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Blizzard was the shit back in the day... no one could touch Warcraft 2 or Starcraft. Starcraft 2 is gonna be amazing, I don't care what anyone says.

Also, Jimmy, did you rock CS w/ a CD-ROM back in the day too? I was one of the real CS'er's... bought that shit in Staples for $30, couldn't play it for about a year until my mom allowed high-speed internet in the house haha

1.4 FO LYFE (though 1.5 was the best)

Blizzard was the shit back in the day... no one could touch Warcraft 2 or Starcraft. Starcraft 2 is gonna be amazing, I don't care what anyone says.

Also, Jimmy, did you rock CS w/ a CD-ROM back in the day too? I was one of the real CS'er's... bought that shit in Staples for $30, couldn't play it for about a year until my mom allowed high-speed internet in the house haha

sc2 will own. are people saying otherwise?

TERRAN DEFENSE

sc2 will own. are people saying otherwise?

TERRAN DEFENSE

There are doubts as to whether Blizzard can expand on the already impressive trackrecord SC+Broodwar have with fans. I'm sure everyone will love it, but it remains to be seen if it can have the longevity of WoW (cause WC3 was a bust for all intensive purposes, especially in my book)

Posted up some of my favorite console games. Here are some of my favorite PC games. I know some of you got down with 'em.

RagnarokOnline.jpg

god I've wasted so much time on this stupid stupid game... on private servers of course

There are doubts as to whether Blizzard can expand on the already impressive trackrecord SC+Broodwar have with fans. I'm sure everyone will love it, but it remains to be seen if it can have the longevity of WoW (cause WC3 was a bust for all intensive purposes, especially in my book)

sc is just so balanced. if they maintain that, and the speed and simplicity of play that is characteristic of sc and separates it from other real-time stratagy games, then it will not fail.

god I've wasted so much time on this stupid stupid game... on private servers of course

C'mon guys. I know more of you have played Ultima Online.

We should start a Sufu clan, pull our resources and buy a Sufu Clan Castle and Smithy. You know you want to...

castle3.jpg

sc is just so balanced. if they maintain that, and the speed and simplicity of play that is characteristic of sc and separates it from other real-time stratagy games, then it will not fail.

my greatest fear is that they're going to ignore the simplicity and balance that made the originals so good. They ignored it for the most part with WC3 and WoW sorta ignores that whole concept because its one big online eternal and infinite bumblefuck. I just hope they keep the integrity of the game. That's key.

my greatest fear is that they're going to ignore the simplicity and balance that made the originals so good. They ignored it for the most part with WC3 and WoW sorta ignores that whole concept because its one big online eternal and infinite bumblefuck. I just hope they keep the integrity of the game. That's key.

The thing that I don't like about WoW is that the clan system isn't front and center.

What I like about old UO is that UO is clans. There are so many clan options to customize, you can buy fortifications for your clans, clan warfare is awesome. Now if only we could develop a game with these features that was based on player skill and customization/calibration (but very balanced so everyone doesn't just make one "type" because "it's the best") and not "experience points"

Yeah, I bought it on CD too back in the day in a package with the single player and some other multi player games I didn't get into. I was good with the D Eagle, sometimes in public servers I would just buy that, some nades and some armor and snipe people.

I've played Fallout 2 annually since I was in 7th grade.

I tried to play through it again like two summers ago, but got distracted and didn't finish. I might try to play through part one again, downloaded a Mac OSX version off a torrent recently.

notesee,

I played me some Diablo and Diablo 2. In 1 I went with warrior, in two I went with druid. People still play that shit. Do you?

Nah, I used to love D2 but I tried to play it again and I just couldn't get into it again. Must've clocked so many hours in it before that it doesn't feel fresh anymore. However I did really get into Phantasy Star Online on Gamecube, which is a real similar game just more cyber punk / sci fi based.

And about UO ... I actually never got into this game, but read a lot about it. Is there anyway to download it for free and check it out? I'm on a Mac though, which might cause a problem.

Yeah ... same here. Like 4 of my friends from my neighborhood all played it together on the same private server. I'm definitely curious to check out the sequel.

UO was never my scene. Too D&D... Diablo had a lot of sweet satanic shit so it was a little less obvious, but the D&D style games were never really my thing.

EDIT: for sure jimmy... I was the same way, but I was a USP man. Rush catwalk on Dust2, wait for them to come around, flash, rush out headshot like 5 dudes in a row... I haven't played CS in months now, probably since closer to, I'm gonna say, winter break? Can't really remember, Source hasn't worked on my computer since around then, so yeah.