superjobs: under 18

jschenkkan

i work two jobs because my job at record store gives me 5 hours a week and that's only enough for transportation and food

so i got second job at camera store with lab n shit.. umm pays good, i get commission and if there are no customers i just fiddle around with equipment

5 hours a week? one shift?

I've done

Military Supply ($5.14)

Base Sewage Plant ($5.14)

Fed Exxx ($9.00-$9.75)

Apex Karting ($8.25)

the karting shit gives me more hours than fed ex so it evens out, plus it's way easier.

yeah theres one right next to my house... all the hot chicks go there. it slike teeny bopper center

but i dont like working there.. its blah.

try finding jobs in non-busy places that allow you to have ample rest times. and chill managers. :0 you could always work at abercrombie and those palces and just stand and text on your phone all day.

and pretend you fold clothes.

i'm 18. got hooked up with a warehouse job for ford. gonna be making 28$ an hour. 8 hour days and lots of overtime at time and a half

wtfuck?!

... damnn what are you gonna be doing there? like moving supplies in and out?

be careful though... a guy in me english class works warehouse jobs for ford also and he lost a chunk of his finger through a accident. have fun though!

Started working as a summertime janitor in my school system when I was 14. Did that for two summers, wasn't bad - schools have lots of places to hide and sleep, but you have to get work done eventually.

Then I worked at Coldstone for about a year when I was 16, that was really fun. Legit though, but it was a ton of work, and you'd go home with sore and sticky arms, plus smelling like waffle cones.

Now I'm working at this breakfast/deli place. The people I work with are the most offensive/hilarious I have ever known. And I get paid in cash, baller status.

From what ive heard and experienced if you could get into life guard program .. they put you at a local pool and thats it .. have to be 16+ though ... pays really good Working for post office also at age 18 make $15.00/hour .. if you decide to do overnight you get even more i hear too bad im working at the crappy GAP : /

wtfuck?!

... damnn what are you gonna be doing there? like moving supplies in and out?

be careful though... a guy in me english class works warehouse jobs for ford also and he lost a chunk of his finger through a accident. have fun though!

i not to sure what i'll be doing yet. basically you get part orders from dealerships and go around getting all the parts they need. I'll most likely be doing the smaller parts so it won't be to dangerous

movie places are a great place to work, you meet alot of people and you get free tickets too.

well around here you do.

technically you dont need to get minimum wage if youre a "trainee" im not sure if this applies everywehre but some places put you on a 30% cut back or something for like 3 months and its legal cause your a trainee.

but most places will put you on min

Was that military supply and sewage under the table? I thought in washington you had to get minimum 8.25?

this was in England during "Summer Hire" military program. they do it at all overseas bases, no idea why the pay was so low. no tax though.

when i was 15-20 i worked for the YMCA. the pay sucked but i was a camp counselor, so basically i got paid to have fun. now i just work retail, but $9/hr base pay and usually around $10.15 if we make goal means sundays i'm getting $15/hr...makes for a decent paycheck only working 20 hrs/week and folding shirts.

I also painted guitar bodys in highschool, that made me like $800/month in the summer.

Edit: last summer = beach parking attendant. $10.50/hr 35 hrs/week to sit on the beach and take $10 from people. best.job.ever.

yeah theres one right next to my house... all the hot chicks go there. it slike teeny bopper center

but i dont like working there.. its blah.

try finding jobs in non-busy places that allow you to have ample rest times. and chill managers. :0 you could always work at abercrombie and those palces and just stand and text on your phone all day.

and pretend you fold clothes.

Both of my current jobs give me ample rest times. During the week, 2 or 3 days usually, I clerk at an antique store in Hampden. It pays minimumish but that's fine. I don't do a lot, mostly read, lurk sufu, and watch movies. Sometimes I even play age of empires 2.

on the weekends I work at a hospital doing I.T. I make 13.50 an hour and sometimes the phone doesn't ring for hours and I lay on the floor and sleep all day. Yeah, life is life.

While in high skool..

Freshman: Lifeguard ($5.15)

Sophmore: Telemarketer ($7.50-$9.00)

Junior: Cashier ($5.25)

Senior: Bindery Worker ($6.25) / Customer Service Rep ($6.25-$7.25)

Had an interview at this not-so-great gallery. Also applied at some upscale food places, including here.

While in high skool..

Freshman: Lifeguard ($5.15)

Sophmore: Telemarketer ($7.50-$9.00)

Junior: Cashier ($5.25)

Senior: Bindery Worker ($6.25) / Customer Service Rep ($6.25-$7.25)

Had an interview at this not-so-great gallery. Also applied at some upscale food places, including here.

How'd you get that telemarketing gig? I know relatives who've done it, sounds like decent money and easy-as-shit work.

There was a telemarketing place thirty minutes from my house that hired just about anyone.. that includes all the white trash you could imagine. It was a really great job, but I was working 20 hours a week. I could never imagine working anymore than that at a telemarketing place.

The company closed, so I was forced to move on. It was a great place, tho. Smoke breaks every fifteen minutes. (!)

I am working with children (no pedo) right now making 8.00 an hour and it is a really laid back job. Quite a bit of the time I am just in the refrigerator eating salami and cheese sticks and the people I work with are all coo people so right now I have to say i am content with my job.

the trick is you gotta either be related to someone who owns a buisness or friends with someone who does. usually they are way chill towards you and a lot of times you get off work whenever you want. I work for my dads company and I sit around and eat most of the time. Plus I get as much vacation time as I want.

anyone work at kumon? that was my high school job, it paid pretty well but dealing with kids can be annoying

i'd prolly rip their heads off.... kids these days are toos tupid to know simple arithmatic. and they practically molest you every single damn day.