Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Does anybody knows if SC 1945`s usually have the leatherpatch? Got a new pair without one. It also says sanforized on the tag inside, is this just a hommage to LEE or do they shrink like most other raw Sugarcanes?

Where did you get your pair? I got mine from Caliroots 1,5 years ago and mine came without patch. The tag says so yes, and it's hommage to Lee.

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone tell me how much the shrink/stretch on a pair of raw Okinawas is?

edit: Sorry, how much will they shrink with a warm soak? How long did you soak yours?

I did two soaks,hottest tabwater (ca. 60°C ), about 1 hour,airdry.

Its a sz. 32 and measures now 33" in the waist and 34,5" inseam.They where a bit snug at the waist first,but streched pretty fast. I reckon with more heat,longer soak and a dryer you will get more shrinkage - compared with the onewash

measurements at BIG and Selfedge.

Has anyone purchased a Sugar Cane denim jacket (i.e. the ones from Earth Market)....if so, how is the shrinkage / quality?

I have the Type 3 one. I bought it from Hinoya 2 years ago. No shrinkage, it was one wash, but still a lot of starch left so you want to soak it when you buy it. The quality is great, as you would expect from Sugar Cane. Great price too if I remember.

I have a question for the seasoned SC fans out there. The diaper ass thing... how do you deal with it? Wash/soak often? Learn to love it? Thing is, my Okinawas are breaking my heart right now. The denim, details and construction is nothing short of amazing, but the more I wear them, the more diaper ass I get on 'em.

I have a pair of Hawaiis waiting to be worn. Can I expect the same thing with them or are they less prone to this unfortunate effect?

I have a pair of Hawaiis waiting to be worn. Can I expect the same thing with them or are they less prone to this unfortunate effect?

I don't believe so as I have a pair of Hawaii's with a bit of that problem. I don't think the cuts are really that different, so don't expect much of a fit change.