Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

although it regard patents, the RIM/Blackberry case is very similar. this small bullshit company managed to win 650 millions in the states for a bullshit patent (and something that should not have been patented in the first place anyway). at the same time, courts in Canada, the UK and other countries in Europe wouldn't even want to hear to suit cause they all said there was no ground for it. there's a reason why lawsuits concerning copyrights or patents are always in the states...

Looks like someone does/did business law as a subject in school :P

So the removing of the stitches is prompted by a stupid UK distributor. I mean what's the big deal about this distributor why do Sugar canes need to remove the stitches just so that go on a business collaboration. Plus, the price they are selling is rediculous. I was thinking at least for the Japan stock they can keep the stitches. The canes without the stitches is abit wierd to me.

i posted about the removal of the stitching a few weeks ago, paul at SC UK has been doing his thing for some time and wouldn't be doing it unless there was a really big risk involved.

Hate to say this but it all has been discussed at length and so, search? There were some very interesting comments on Levis' attitude to brands esp. a certain Diesel jean and their response.....

sorry really don't want to come over as some noob getting above their station, the thread just covered all this and had some great facts in there.

yeah, howies had a run in with levi, they ended up doing allsorts of surveys with the public regarding the acurate, just taking the piss out of how petty the matter is, the blurb used to be on their website and there was a link on an old thread to it but i cant find either now. I like how flathead get around it.

those stitches on 47 canes are history for those who are lucky to own one, you own a piece of canes history. Then again, the canes without stitches will become history too as according to an earlier post they are still researching on a new stitch to replace the old on when that happen there will be no more canes without stitch.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of questions for your SC heads on here

1) Im in love with my SC40501s (love the greenish color, always been fond of greenish colored jeans), anyways I was wondering are there any other jeans that have this some color, maybe in a 5 pocket styling, that uses this EDO AI denim? Sugarcane, or not. I know there is the SC40500 (although different looking), but something else? Was there ever soemthing like I'm describing, or do you know if there is plans to be?

2) What other jeans in the SC line up fit similar to the SC40501 in terms if tightness around the thighs and such? 1947 repro? I really like the fit on these.. What about any other brands?

3) The Edo Ai denim is very rough, slubby and sort of streaky.. Are all the SC lineup this way (exluding Edo Ai, but rather indigo one rash or raw denim)? Do they all have the little bits of wood and scratchy things in it? I really enjoy this about the jeans.

I would like to ask a couple questions. As khaltire already mention about the cuts, are SC40200,SC40300, and SC40400 have the same cut? If they have the same cut, i would have more choice to consider. Cos SC40200 look pretty nice.I've a chance to try on SC40401(hawaii, hair on hide) size 30 one wash. I would say a lillte tight at waist but baggy around seat. (My actual waist size is 31) I think SC40401 have the same cut with SC40401 am i correct? considering between size 30 or 29. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

khaltire:

I also have the sc40501a and I agree, the denim weight, slubbiness, greenish blue color are awesome.

I think the closest new style to the sc40501 is the new sugarcane BEGIN jeans. But it is different materials and dyeing than edo-ais I believe. I'm not too sure of any other jeans that have the same color as the edo-ais.

I think all of the "Japan original" jeans edo-ai, hawaii, okinawa, etc...use the sugarcane fibers in the weaving process.

I just got my SC47's the other day. After one soak they fit well, however, the butt is very "poofy". I mean it literally looks like I pooped my pants. I know this is the anti-fit but will this eventually look better and not poof out as much? I think I can deal with the anti-fit as long as they drape more over my butt. Does the poofy butt look of the denim improve over time?

the diaper-ass look gets more tolerable after the jeans conform to you body. i think people jump ship on 47 cuts too quickly. if you stick with it, they will become your favorite. but no promises--------certainly not for everyone.

try experimenting with where you are wearing them on your waist. they feel quite foreign if you are used to more modern cuts.

i was looking on hinoya at the Cane selection, and wondered why the USA made 55's are more expensive than the 66's

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc41955/

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc41966/

i can't see any significant difference other than the zipper? maybe it's just because i don't speak japanese. thanks