allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

Glad someone here ended up picking those up—great-looking pair of jeans! Looking forward to seeing how they age.

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Inhale, exhale just got some Canes in the mail... courtesy of the rabbit hole that is Yahoo Auctions!

Positive reps for the Cypress Hill interpolation. 

@fresh1 ha yes - thanks - vintage tunes - positive reps for your good catch!

I ordered the Raw unsanforized 1953 type 2. Cant wait for this thing. It will be my first type 2 jacket. Looks to be some incredibly beautiful repro denim.

I have that one too. After an initial soak I warm washed mine and hot dried it for about 10 minutes, the fabric really developed character after that and shrank more to fit better. 

It's a nice jacket.

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

Sugar Cane Okinawa SC40301, countless washes and I can’t remember its age. 

One of my favorite fabric and cut.

4C4E27A5-6E1A-4AB3-9098-87FC7C4D38A0.jpeg

1BC454F9-E5E9-4FE8-90EB-44824996937B.jpeg

36B90284-B543-458C-8889-62ABFBFCA0CF.jpeg

Here’s it being worn 3 months back when I was in South Africa, doing some climbing.

237F0A35-4FAE-4244-A50C-DEEC029668D3.jpeg

@JDelage

SC40304 a few posts above.

These are the 16.25 Okinawa in 80/20?

I wondered how this fabric would look after some wear. I purchased a pair of the SC40303 in a 36W and attempted to shrink them. This gave what I thought was an early hint of the fade but it appeared more of a dull grey or dirty grey rather than the more  white cotton fiber “contrast” yours are showing. My description is imperfect...I hope you can interpret my meaning. 

I think the fabric in the 303 & 304 are identical so you give me hope. Please continue to post the progressive wear.

I never could get the shrink down enough and so they just sit in wait until I return to the US and trade this Asian diet for some tortas & cerveza and gain back some kilos. 

Edited by Pedro

My SC collection still consists of only a couple contemporary examples (the 40303 and a pair of 40301 bought used). I had the opportunity to buy a pair of rainbow instead of the 40301 but was to much a rube to know what a treasure they were. 

My interest now is to find the older examples of SC with the pre-lawsuit era arcs and green tag or similar early vintage denim they were making and which I occasionally post exciting photos I find online.

Ofcourse, we know these are rare to find and @julian-wolf seems to be expert at scoring those few before search engines even find them...Lol

I like the cloth patch on this pair pictured (not actually mine).

000E6A50-A8A8-4D1B-B6B4-4B7659B07634.png

^ Lucky for you, 00 just recently “moved” his M-series thread over here from Denimbro—should give some hints as to what to search for, or at the very least some good inspiration

I’ve got no plans to stop snatching up any deadstock 33s and 34s that appear, though…

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

@JDelage

SC40304 a few posts above.

These are the 16.25 Okinawa in 80/20?

Yes they are. I bought that pair 1-washed and it has not shrunk further that I noticed. Those are easy to love, as far as I'm concerned.

Ebay USA has just been flooded with SC items from a JP vintage store.

They have a pair of SC41300 in what appears to be new condition 36x36 (w/pocket sticker & swing tag) if anyone is interested in shelling out $560 USD. (But that includes free shipping).

Just what I have wanted to buy and in my size but too rich for me. Probably just as well since they should go to a collector instead of me...my intention would be to wear them.

EDIT:

Maybe the same pair @Broark saw on Yahoo Auctions?

Edited by Pedro

Argh, so good. Can't decide which wonky detail I like the best. 

Jeans aside, that sunsurf shirt is super

23-oz Welder Pant on Ebay.

Only posting for the cool patch.

BTW, would you guys quit giving me so many positive reps...please...its really flattering but kinda unfair to everyone else.

Lol

219EDC76-C1E4-450A-BA34-82743A8F40BE.jpeg

Some less common SC on Grailed currently.

Lot 600 was a limited run of 12.5-oz hand woven Okinawa (50/50) with natural indigo that retailed for ¥56,000 so these are a steal.

Description here:  http://www.mil-mil.net/docs/sugarcane/jeans/sc40600/sc40600.html

I would have purchased these "Lot 600" because I love the cinch-back but they have a short back rise that would give me "plumber's crack" and I would not know how to properly care/ launder such an amazing denim anyway.

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Edited by Pedro

So which one of you grabbed the lot 600? Never thought I'd see another pair of those in a golden size in good condition…and at like 1/3 retail

Jeez

Good spot, Pedro

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what weight fabric these might be? They are more of a painter pant style dungaree.

They look light like possibly a 10-oz?

Cheers

6A828203-2F35-4C0E-B425-1AA164412A79.jpeg

B6C5AE87-56CC-4C2C-AA7A-620986288FB9.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

@julian-wolf

Lot 100 question.

Is the Lot 100 when the Hawaii had smooth leather rather than hair on? 

Sidenote: Look at the beauty in that fabric as it fades (top photo).

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

old lot 100 Hawaiis still show up pretty regularly, even in common sizes. I think those had a tab, but maybe not?

5C8B5A67-9896-494C-8EF3-628C428334BF.jpeg

5211C1C1-CC6D-4DC1-858C-12E413DC77EE.jpeg

Edited by Pedro

Yeah, the lot 100 had a smooth leather patch similar to the lot 400. Both of the photos you've shown are of the hair-on patch of the lot 401.

So the one has just lost its hair?

I feel like a knucklehead now. I can see a small tuft remaining.

Thanks

Edited by Pedro