allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

Good advice. Thank you.

I also have a pair of Okinawa 36W which I purchased slightly used and these are going on the auction block as well.  The SC fits about a size larger than LVC.

@Pedro

Send me a PM w/ the 1947 measurements, I might be interested.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

I think, and I stress think, the Gripper Zipper is more historically accurate for a 50's pair, I don't think Talon were around as much on jeans then. Warehouse seem to use the Gripper Zipper branded zips on all their non button fly jeans.

I'll correct myself, after looking at some vintage 501zxx etc on Insta, it seems Talon zips were around then, just not the famous Talon 42 model. Also, another brand called Conmar.

Please forgive me internet.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Yeah I've seen the conmar zippers on vintage 54Z's

Hi there, I am new to SC and looking for a pair of LOT1947 in between 32 or 33". I have natural 32 waist, would the sz32 fit me properly? 

Thank you for your advises. 

11 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

Hi there, I am new to SC and looking for a pair of LOT1947 in between 32 or 33". I have natural 32 waist, would the sz32 fit me properly? 

Thank you for your advises. 

I have very limited experience but I think you are going to want the 32W.

SugarCane denim pants that I have bought seem to fit a little large/loose.

Many of the online stores you will likely puchase from can give you excellent sizing assistance if you send them the measurements of a pair of pants you currently wear. (Waist, Thigh, Inseam, Etc)

The website for Deminio provides instruction on how to take the measurements.

I am very happy with the quality of the SC41947.

Edited by Pedro

I would size up to 33. My 47s in size 33 measured 31 after a 40°C wash. I bought the raw version.

6 minutes ago, tigerstrom said:

I would size up to 33. My 47s in size 33 measured 31 after a 40°C wash. I bought the raw version.

Only speaking from single experience but the one-wash don’t really shrink and the waist stretches atleast 1” after wash, right??

@Atcharut,

You can ask us who have maybe 3 pair tops or you could contact a store that has received feedback from 100’s of buyers.

I bought my first pair without giving the measurements of my typical pants and bought too big. If I had just communicated with the store then my first pair would have been the correct size and I would not have wasted money.

Edited by Pedro

I agree that the best way is to measure a good fitting pair that you own and then compare the measurements with the SC1947. It's important that you measure your pair the same way as the store where they sell sc1947. @Atcharut

I find the waist measurement really small on my pair. But as Pedro say, the waist will stretch and if the other measurements looks ok then a 32 might work.

@Pedro  @tigerstrom Thanks so much for your useful info :) 

I cant go to try Lot1947 on as there are no stores in Thailand selling these jeans. So I need to point out at Denimio, at this point I thought I’d go for a 32”, which is TTS. I hope I’d make it. 

35 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

@Pedro  @tigerstrom Thanks so much for your useful info :)

I cant go to try Lot1947 on as there are no stores in Thailand selling these jeans. So I need to point out at Denimio, at this point I thought I’d go for a 32”, which is TTS. I hope I’d make it. 

Nope. No retailers of Sugar Cane in Thailand. I looked all over. Be prepared for about a 1,200 Baht Import Duty on a pair of SC41947 that list for $170 USD.

I had an order shipped to BKK last November.

Denimio has an excellent Chat option that pops up when you start to shop. The people who respond on the Chat are excellent. They will help you with sizing and even provide specific measurements from the pants they will ship.

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Nope. No retailers of Sugar Cane in Thailand. I looked all over. Be prepared for about a 1,200 Baht Import Duty on a pair of SC41947 that list for $170 USD.

I had an order shipped to BKK last November.

Denimio has an excellent Chat option that pops up when you start to shop. The people who respond on the Chat are excellent. They will help you with sizing and even provide specific measurements from the pants they will ship.

Is that real to pay 1200 Bath of import duty?  Once I had a contact with them, I asked if I was going to pay tax along with an order , they said they were going to send me a little gift to avoid Import duty or something. Anyway thxs a lot again for your help @Pedro 

17 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

Is that real to pay 1200 Bath of import duty?  Once I had a contact with them, I asked if I was going to pay tax along with an order , they said they were going to send me a little gift to avoid Import duty or something. Anyway thxs a lot again for your help @Pedro 

I have read that various retailers from JP will include an invoice claiming the clothing items were samples or used or demos at a discounted price below the Customs minimum but that the Customs officers are aware this happens and they research online to find the actual price and set the Import Duty based on that research.

Another suggestion is to have them mailed to a Thai but I had my pants sent to a Thai National and I was charged the Import Duty.