allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

Good advice. Thank you.

I also have a pair of Okinawa 36W which I purchased slightly used and these are going on the auction block as well.  The SC fits about a size larger than LVC.

@Pedro

Send me a PM w/ the 1947 measurements, I might be interested.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

I think, and I stress think, the Gripper Zipper is more historically accurate for a 50's pair, I don't think Talon were around as much on jeans then. Warehouse seem to use the Gripper Zipper branded zips on all their non button fly jeans.

I'll correct myself, after looking at some vintage 501zxx etc on Insta, it seems Talon zips were around then, just not the famous Talon 42 model. Also, another brand called Conmar.

Please forgive me internet.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by 501XX4EVER

Yeah I've seen the conmar zippers on vintage 54Z's

Hi there, I am new to SC and looking for a pair of LOT1947 in between 32 or 33". I have natural 32 waist, would the sz32 fit me properly? 

Thank you for your advises. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, Atcharut said:

Hi there, I am new to SC and looking for a pair of LOT1947 in between 32 or 33". I have natural 32 waist, would the sz32 fit me properly? 

Thank you for your advises. 

Many of the online stores you will likely puchase from can give you excellent sizing assistance based on many customer experiences if you send them the measurements of a pair of pants you currently wear. (Waist, Thigh, Inseam, Etc)

The website for Deminio provides instruction on how to take the measurements and even offers a size guarantee if the size they recommend does not fit.

I am very happy with the quality of the SC41947.

Edited by Pedro

I would size up to 33. My 47s in size 33 measured 31 after a 40°C wash. I bought the raw version.

Edited by Pedro

I agree that the best way is to measure a good fitting pair that you own and then compare the measurements with the SC1947. It's important that you measure your pair the same way as the store where they sell sc1947. @Atcharut

I find the waist measurement really small on my pair. But as Pedro say, the waist will stretch and if the other measurements looks ok then a 32 might work.

@Pedro  @tigerstrom Thanks so much for your useful info :) 

I cant go to try Lot1947 on as there are no stores in Thailand selling these jeans. So I need to point out at Denimio, at this point I thought I’d go for a 32”, which is TTS. I hope I’d make it. 

35 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

@Pedro  @tigerstrom Thanks so much for your useful info :)

I cant go to try Lot1947 on as there are no stores in Thailand selling these jeans. So I need to point out at Denimio, at this point I thought I’d go for a 32”, which is TTS. I hope I’d make it. 

Nope. No retailers of Sugar Cane in Thailand. I looked all over. Be prepared for about a 1,200 Baht Import Duty on a pair of SC41947 that list for $170 USD.

I had an order shipped to BKK last November.

Denimio has an excellent Chat option that pops up when you start to shop. The people who respond on the Chat are excellent. They will help you with sizing and even provide specific measurements from the pants they will ship.

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Nope. No retailers of Sugar Cane in Thailand. I looked all over. Be prepared for about a 1,200 Baht Import Duty on a pair of SC41947 that list for $170 USD.

I had an order shipped to BKK last November.

Denimio has an excellent Chat option that pops up when you start to shop. The people who respond on the Chat are excellent. They will help you with sizing and even provide specific measurements from the pants they will ship.

Is that real to pay 1200 Bath of import duty?  Once I had a contact with them, I asked if I was going to pay tax along with an order , they said they were going to send me a little gift to avoid Import duty or something. Anyway thxs a lot again for your help @Pedro 

17 minutes ago, Atcharut said:

Is that real to pay 1200 Bath of import duty?  Once I had a contact with them, I asked if I was going to pay tax along with an order , they said they were going to send me a little gift to avoid Import duty or something. Anyway thxs a lot again for your help @Pedro 

I have read that various retailers from JP will include an invoice claiming the clothing items were samples or used or demos at a discounted price below the Customs minimum but that the Customs officers are aware this happens and they research online to find the actual price and set the Import Duty based on that research.

Another suggestion is to have them mailed to a Thai but I had my pants sent to a Thai National and I was charged the Import Duty.

after my sc40200 picked up a 40601a today... just found it in a shop somewhere... im a happy man 

I have no affiliation to sale:

Not sure I can post an Ebay auction item but these are very cool for any of you skinny guys with a 32 W and the BIN is under retail for ordinary Okinawa:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362558706468

IMG_1645.PNG

Edited by Pedro

^ Looks like that pair has a fair amount of wear in them, based on the patch. Those still show up more-or-less new on Yahoo for not much more than that; if anyone's interested it's worth having a look there. The chambray that they're made of looks really interesting—I've been tempted more than once.

12 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Looks like that pair has a fair amount of wear in them, based on the patch. Those still show up more-or-less new on Yahoo for not much more than that; if anyone's interested it's worth having a look there. The chambray that they're made of looks really interesting—I've been tempted more than once.

I didn't realize they were that common, they are the first I have seen. I will check out Yahoo but I don't even know what it is... Lol

The model number is SC40105, I think, if you wanna search for them.

edit: Yahoo! Auctions is Japan's eBay.

Edited by julian-wolf

25 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

The model number is SC40105, I think, if you wanna search for them.

edit: Yahoo! Auctions is Japan's eBay.

Thanks.

I like Chambray shirts but not pants.

Ahh...Yahoo Auctions.

If only the Japanese were as tall as the Dutch then I could find good used clothing.

Edited by Pedro

Chambray pants are great in Summer.

that's a really nice one - my pair is too small by now - the fabric does not stretch a lot!

71214bc98f208ed250f33561b4c94ff0_zps82c6
b2880f7f0db1cf0b6d690463f8ce794d_zps652c
75f96a1d853bd464f3bab51ad0dd982e_zps51cf
5981ff439ab1802f2bf0c9db5aa1c32e_zps788b

I saw what seemed like a new version of sugarcane 1966s yesterday at hinoya. Any details on these? These didnt have the made in usa patch of the old 1966s

Edit-- i passed by again and these were 1966 and not 1955s. The salesperson told me they were made in japan and a new fabric a little lighter than the 47s

Edited by mousemouse

Progress update on the wool-denim.
They are really slow faders, but the puckering on these is insane.
Also the pocket fabric and denim on the right frontpocket shrunk in a way that it creates a line through the coin pocket.

IMG_20190221_110255.jpg

IMG_20190221_110314.jpg

IMG_20190221_110236.jpg

IMG_20190221_110251.jpg

On 2/5/2019 at 11:43 PM, Pedro said:

I bought a pair of SC41947 One Wash in 36W a few months back and have yet to wear them other than to try them on and see they are too big. 

I will soon be ordering a pair of same in 34W but just wondered your opinions on whether a hot soak and hot dryer might shrink the 100% Zimbabwe cotton 1947 one wash very much or if I am better just listing them for sale in this pristine condition? Thanks

-pedro

Follow Up.

Washed warm regular cycle inside out. Dried on high heat inside out. I am of the opinion that its better to warm wash to avoid losing indigo and using the heat of the dryer to shrink the cotton fibers. 

The entire pant material shrunk. The inseam the most but the fullness also shrank down in these 36W to fit more like the overall cut of a 34W.

I do understand they will stretch; however, I have no issue with throwing these in a dryer again if they stretch too much. Has anyone actually used a dryer on high heat with their SC? I know the conventional wisdom is the one-wash does not have much shrinkage remaining but that might be more with the 50/50 denim rather than this 100% cotton.

Even with this knowledge, I will buy a 34W one-wash next time to compare.

This Zimbabwe cotton is a long fiber and luxurious with great heft. This denim is very different from even an LVC 1947 or any vintage LVC I have owned including the original STFs from when I was a kid. 

Sorry Levis but after a 40+ year love affair, and I can still remember the first STF I owned (two pair of raw on sale for being irregulars), I have lost that lovin’ feeling.

Edited by Pedro

3 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Okis, 3 years in the regular rotation:

895305070_IMG_3417copy.thumb.jpg.269fdfc06cb5e755e4fe9b770aaab7d5.jpg

No wallet, phone or can of chew in the back pockets?

For anyone unaware that Sugar Cane is now on social media I bring you this good news  

they have been in the past - very, very randomly...

Would love to share my fit from SC1955. Lucky just got it only for $25 and still nos :D20190128_112916.thumb.jpg.4387ee69e3029fa67a3158747f4e129d.jpg20190128_112856.thumb.jpg.2ebc4110d83620a39183d01a1c55b312.jpg