allacedout

Sugar Cane Denim

Yep, they're coming alive even more!

Did I mention here that I met SM in Hong Kong? :D

Good stuff, IH. Especially, the twisting waistband and the puckering between the yoke and the pockets. I'm surprised the buttons have made such a distinct impression on the fly. 

What's weird is after I washed my 47s today, they fit better length wise as I had initially planned on hemming them an inch more.  No need now to do that.

14 hours ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Good stuff, IH. Especially, the twisting waistband and the puckering between the yoke and the pockets. I'm surprised the buttons have made such a distinct impression on the fly. 

Yep, and I went TTS on them.

Must be packing too much heat. :D

I just recieved my Okis from Naoki! He accidentally sent me the one wash version but I don't mind. I'm thinking about throwing them in  the washing machine for a quick spin just to get rid of some sharp creases. 

I've been thinking and I'm not sure if a second wash is needed. I wouldn't mind a little bit shorter inseam. Anybody knows if one wash Okis have more shrinkage left? 

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a bit more shrinkage out of them. My Okis were unwashed and took a number of hot washes to finish shrinking and my one wash 47s still shrank a bit over the first few hot washes. It's just my impression, but I don't think SC fries their one wash pairs as much as some others seem too. 

Edited by MileHighEvertonian

Thanks! Another wash won't hurt them so I will do that! 

8 hours ago, tigerstrom said:

Thanks! Another wash won't hurt them so I will do that! 

Are you hot washing them?

I did a 40°C wash and I'm glad I did! They had a lot shrinkage left especially the inseam which got about 2cm shorter. The fit is a bit tighter than my Sc1947 in the same size. 

20170128_154313_zpskrylxxp1.jpg

Did your pair become very stiff after wash? My 1947 felt like sandpaper when they dried after a line dry outside.

Yeah they became really stiff! Almost so they could stand on their own. 

Hey Sufu, it's been a while ...

I'm looking to pick up a pair of '47s. Can I get away with sizing down one? Or should I go tts? I'm planning to wash fairly frequently, and I'm worried about the waist measurement. Self Edge's website recommends sizing up, but the legs would be way too big if I do that.

I went tts on my 47. They stretch about 1.5 in the waist after a few wears.

Thanks -- tts seems to be the way to go, esp. since I'll be washing frequently.

Black Type 3. Been wearing these as my main pant for about 8 months now. Not sure on the actual amount of days worn. Washed 2 or 3 times

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

40 minutes ago, chicote said:

Oh man, you just sold me on a pair! excellent photos and nice wear

My favourite denim that Ive had so far. Really, really big fan. Going to grab a 2nd pair soon just incase

40 minutes ago, chicote said:

Oh man, you just sold me on a pair! excellent photos and nice wear

My favourite denim that Ive had so far. Really, really big fan. Going to grab a 2nd pair soon just incase

What cut / model is that?

This has been my main black jean for a couple years now, as well. It's an excellent pair, especially at the price point. The hardware is sick, fit is great (SC always knows how to make even modern fits feel vintage), and they tend to fade similar to an unsanforized denim, which is a bit unusual for blacks. It's tied with 3s 220x for me. I'll post pics when I can get good ones.

Got some second-hand Sugar Canes for the GF; anybody know which model this is?

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1520.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

If the button code is 98, the hidden rivets are stamped SC&CO-TY- and the rivet through the pocket bags say 'Sugar Cane' its an M41300 from 1998.

Are the back pockets lined?

8 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

If the button code is 98, the hidden rivets are stamped SC&CO-TY- and the rivet through the pocket bags say 'Sugar Cane' its an M41300 from 1998.

Are the back pockets lined?

Hey Double 0 Soul, yep back pockets are lined, and other details are all on the mark!

12 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Have a look in the coin pocket, i think (but not sure) that's lined with pocket bag material too.

Will do, thanks again Double! B)