Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have the same size in ooe contest pair as you. My 33s in sc47 is really tight in the waist after 2 days of wear. I think it's a great cut, one of my favorites actually. I was afraid that they would end up to loose for my taste. I will try to post a picture later today!

Just got my first pair of SC, a set of Okinawa, one wash, courtesy of Self Edge. I love the cut, which is very comfy on my big thighs. Can't say the 50% sugarcane feels any different from other denims for now.

20161217_112623_zpstsleerhv.jpg

Picture of my 47s

I'm getting ready to machine wash mine for the first time (one wash) and pondering a line dry but the weather has been in the 20-50s and I'm concerned about freezing denim. Where are you located ? Are you able to line dry yours outside? Edited by mlwdp

• 3 weeks later...
Believe it or not but this is the first time I've ever machine washed my denim.  I usually just hand wash and hang dry due to the humidity where I live.

What do ya'll recommend regarding machine washing and machine drying the 1947s?

This is the washing machine
8EB798C7-5365-4789-8A95-7E16F12AB7F4_zps

This is the dryer 

E2A82326-8C24-4F51-8D5D-0166B77F17C5_zps

As you can tell, im nervous as hell when washing this in the machine.

Help lol

I have an older version of that same machine, and usually wash my 1953 jacket (same denim) in a small load (by itself or with other jeans) in cold on the light setting (under colors on your machine) and then hang dry rather than tumble. If you do wish to tumble dry probably best to keep on the low heat setting and either do the timed dry and check on it periodically or say fuck it and do "optimum dry" 

5 minutes ago, Fooleo said:

I have an older version of that same machine, and usually wash my 1953 jacket (same denim) in a small load (by itself or with other jeans) in cold on the light setting (under colors on your machine) and then hang dry rather than tumble. If you do wish to tumble dry probably best to keep on the low heat setting and either do the timed dry and check on it periodically or say fuck it and do "optimum dry" 

Would it be beneficial to wash my pair inside out?

choose the washing option with the most water (though that can be difficult with these eco-friendly new models). better for the jeans to swim in water than be tumbling around inside the drum just slightly wet, which in my experience can cause unwanted marks/creases even when washed inside out.