Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Just got a pair of Premium Edo Ai, W28 L32 unwashed, from Bid-Service/Rakuten

They measure 14" across the rear and the inseam is maybe 32 1/4". Am I mistaken or should they have been about 1/2" wider and 3" longer? The tag says SC40500N so i thought I was supposed to shrink them myself.

Reason I'm asking is that I need them to be about W27 L29.

Should I soak them before I think about hemming? Will I lose any color in a 3hr cold soak or will the veggie indigo hold up?

Guest Airjamie
Quote:
Quote:

hawaii sc40400n [thanks smackadog]

125912582_4a2e7c7cba.jpg125912581_c07e1b5b58.jpg

6'0" 155 lbs

30 x 34 tagged size [30 x 33 post soak]

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on Apr 9, 2006 at 04:06 PM

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Apr 9, 2006 02:16 PM

nice shiner bock.

--- Original message by jeffvyain on May 4, 2006 02:17 PM

Co-sign, shoes too.

I really dont like DrugsAreBadMkay

i would definitely wait until you reach maximum shrinkage before you decide to hem.

do the cold soak, there's plenty of indigo to spare. hell, you can machine wash them inside out right off the bat. they will be fine. it is weird that they are already at their post-shrink measure, but generally, they seem to shrink about 3" in length and about an inch in the waist. you should be good to go.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

nice shoes ddml... ive had a pair of those brown suede desert treks for a couple years now and love them.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

It is weird that they are already at the pre-shrunk length, although I checked all the tags/details and the fabric is itchy as hell.

I guess I'll do a soak, maybe in warm water (40c?) for a couple of hours.

What is a concern is now i need some new kicks to go with, maybe mihara yasuhiro x pumas...

I never had the blue hand (or blue anything) problem with my canes. The only jeans I really had that problem with were my bootcut olas and SSDS (streaky). My lvc 47s, both canes 47s, Jean Shops, and RRDS never had that problem and those are the jeans that I wore most often. Huh.

The SC47s one wash have stained my Vans Low-cabs blue. The belt on the jeans is blue and red on the inside (red from the leather label which I never considered). I've wiped a white towel on my leg too and that's come off stained as well!

...and to think I actually used to iron denim.

Both my canes were dry. I cuff the legs though, so that is why no stains on the shoes. I worked construction in them, so I really didn't notice blue hands... probably from the dirt on them, but for the month before I started wearing them to work I didn't notice the blue hand syndrome.

I have had my 47's for a week now, and have worn them 5 days out of 7. I think they are stretching a bit, but more in the legs and seat. Is it too soon to do a short cold soak to them? i just want a little bit of shrinkage.

Quote:

the hawaii's are supposed to make your hands blue, not so much the 47's i think. the 47's have turned my shoes a bit blue because I don't cuff them.

--- Original message by obsessis on May 20, 2006 07:25 AM

that explains it!

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:

I have had my 47's for a week now, and have worn them 5 days out of 7. I think they are stretching a bit, but more in the legs and seat. Is it too soon to do a short cold soak to them? i just want a little bit of shrinkage.

--- Original message by watchman on May 21, 2006 02:45 PM

Have you already soaked them? Are they one wash or dry. If they are dry you should do a warm wash to shrink them as much as possible. If they are either a one wash or you have already soaked them, then don't do the soak... they will just stretch back out again.

Quote:

they are dry. They dont need to shrink that much, so would it really be wise to do a hot soak? and if i did, and just wore them wet for a little, would they be sure to fit.

--- Original message by watchman on May 21, 2006 04:02 PM

I would do a warm soak and then wear them until they dry. This will set the creases and allow the jeans to stretch out. Ultimately you should shrink them as much as possible. They will shrink about 2 inches in the waist, but after a week they will stretch about an inch.

dang two inches? i will just have to wear them around my waist and not my hips i guess. thanks a lot, and if i decided to just do a cold soak would they shrink less, but not set the creases or something?

Quote:

dang two inches? i will just have to wear them around my waist and not my hips i guess. thanks a lot, and if i decided to just do a cold soak would they shrink less, but not set the creases or something?

--- Original message by watchman on May 21, 2006 06:58 PM

If you do a cold soak they will shrink maybe a half inch to an inch. If you wear them while they dry the creases will be set also. IF you choose to do the cold soak, i would recommend never washing your jeans in hot water, but rather cold water. They will keep a nice dark color too.

thanks a lot man, i think that's what im going to do. The only thing i really want to shrink is the saggy ass that seems to be common in 47's. Your advice has been invaluable to me buying and breaking in these jeans, so thanks a lot.

Quote:

are all '66 models made in the US? just wondering, thanks

--- Original message by Ahlvahroe on May 29, 2006 02:15 PM

yes, all of them washed and raw are made in the US

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Okinawa's from HP last week. Un-washed. I got the blue hand as well. They're still in the bag. I'm waiting for a really hot sunny day- high eighties, minimum- so I can soak them and then wear them outside until dry. If it ever stops raining in this f'n city.

What I really love about SC is the way they drape. Just gorgeous. Maybe similar to a "relaxed" cut. Or, maybe, a western-type cut might be closer to it. Either way, they got serious 'tude. I don't think they look best when cuffed, imo. Best to let 'em hang. What do others say? My '47's are my favorite pair, these days, for the same reason. The Okinawa fabric is very fiber-y, and stiff, but not too. I can't wait to get started.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins