Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

They're a limited run from about 10 years ago I believe and this pair is old stock from a shop in Belgium called Supra-Quintessence. They were listed a couple of weeks ago but I think they failed to meet the reserve price and have now been relisted. They are very nice and I may have been tempted if they were my size.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone interested in a nice pair of SC Okinawa's check this eBay auction! Just search 121207660144 and your there!

Tag w32 l34

Great example of this denim. No rips or tears just awesome soft japanese denims!

Edited by dant87

It looks like you really brought out the texture in the denim. How did the back pockets get so crinkled?

The lining of the rear pockets was sanforized and once the jean was soaked or washed the rear pockets shrunk far more than the lining making the outer fabric crinkle.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks BF...

I ideally need a 33" waist.

So was looking for a Unwashed size 34 or maybe a 33.

Would even be tempted to buy a Raw size 32 or even 31 and not soak.

It's all Hollows fault really. :)

I'm aware that Pants Shop Avenue have some but the largest is a Raw size 31.

I've emailed for measurements on them.

Give me a shout if you know of any others.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Having a quality denim store in town like Take5 is both a blessing and a curse. I dropped by before Christmas and the shop was having a sale, with additional discount on top of the already generous deduction for members. I'd been struggling with the fit of my Warehouse 1001XX so tried on a pair of Sugar Cane 1947 and was really surprised with how much I liked the fit. I guess I'd assumed they would be wider-cut than the 1001XX but true to size they ended up feeling relatively fitted for a repro cut. They are now my daily jean until spring when I get back into my Fullcount so here are some rough and ready fit pics:

Frontfit_zps79979dbe.jpg

Backfit_zps210501bb.jpg

Sidefit_zpse14d63f0.jpg

At a cost of HKD1079, they are the cheapest jeans I've worn since my old pair of Nudies but the quality is superb. Even my wife complimented me on the denim, which is something else! I love how simple they are - just the pure essence of what constitutes a classic pair of jeans with no bells or whistles. Brilliance.

Cheers Ben. The front and back rise in terms of height are what I'm used to at this point and feel comfortable. I can't hang with much lower and it also means I can sneak these into my workplace by tucking a shirt into them. One thing about the top block on the 1947 however is that it feels much snugger across the front somehow. Without going into too much detail, it took a week of wear before they weren't crushing my meat and two veg. Now it's all good, thankfully!

Edited by Sugar Mountain

That fit is ace. OG SC1947's with broken arcs and tab are a grail pair for me, slightly ashamed that I have watched a couple go for <$200 on the 'bay.

What are the fitment issues with the 1001XX (15th)? Too full of a cut? Slightly concerned having just purchased a pair, although measurements seem similar to my Warehouse 700J's which I'm still loving the crap out of.

Don't let me put you off the 1001XX - I just need a size down as I'm really swimming in the waist on mine (tagged 31). I tried the 2012 1001XX OW in size 31 at the Warehouse store and they fit great but the 15th didn't shrink down in the waist quite as much as I wanted and I've lost a little blub around the middle since buying them in the summer too. I will return to the 1001XX or at least another Warehouse cut in a few years, no doubt.