Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have a pair of non-wash 1947s. They have the red tab and broken arcuate. I got them deadstock about three years ago. The label says SC41947H, though. They were saved before they met the terrible fate of a hard wash. Maybe something to bear in mind.

Their rarity gives me a few worries, one of which is that they might one day wear out. There's that Shakespeare quote about fashion wearing out clothes before the man. I hope that's true because, after all, who cares about fashion? Fingers crossed these Sugar Cane will last a good while yet anyway...

I have SC yearbooks dating back to 2002/3ish in storage so i can check, The PC will be sewn in at the point of manufacture, some of the raw jeans will be destined to be one-wash and some hard-wash. Possibly due to the high demand for the raw+tab+arcs at the time of purchased not all the jeans will have reached their desired destination.

My theory regarding superblue's 47,s would be... due to the 2007 lawsuit confusion his SC41947H could have been withdrawn from the hard-wash treatment by toyo.

Edit- Superblues,  did you buy from a third party seller in jp?

Edited by Double 0 Soul

"H" has meant to stand for "hard wash" for at least three years, I know that much. But yeah, the Japanese person I bought them from said ones with all endings, "A", "N" and "H", could actually end up being non-wash. You know, just to make things nice and simple. God knows if it's still the case. It's annoying, really. Every day I moan to my girlfriend, "Why-O-why can't jean serial codes be more consistent?" I'm pretty sure she's planning on leaving me for some reason, by the way.

Double O: I did. Maybe I can find the name, for what it's worth. Your theory about demand stopping jeans allocated for washes sounds the most plausible explanation. Perhaps this is more unlikely to happen with newer batches, perhaps Sugar Cane is more on top of what the market wants.

I personally think the most plausible explanation for your spurious pc is that your jeans were withdrawn prior to hard-wash due to the Levis legal dispute, Mine on the other hand are a few years older and pre-date the court case. In those days SC was manufacturing on a much smaller scale than today and due to forums like sufu SC was (quite rightly) bandwagoned which generated many more sales in raw 47,s for the international market and these could have been used to fill the gap in supply.

Ah, OK. Wow. You know your stuff.

All this talk has definitely inspired me to put mine on now.

Apologies. I only have three impediments to taking decent photos: equipment, expertise and will. They're my Sanders rockabilly Bullitt boots on the ends of my legs, just in case anybody needs to know.

sugar-cane-1947-on-superblues_zpsdbd6bd2

sugar-cane-1947_zpse9153cb5.jpg

I don't really know my stuff... Probably just a bit older than most and the older i get  the more i seem to forget.

Superblues- I am an absolute sucker for these jeans, Should you ever want to sell them on instead of wear them, PM me im in the UK.

Please!!!!!!!!!! they are my size,  and in the words of The Temptations... "Aint too proud to beg!"

I have owned a vintage M-65 too for years, The quality is poor, the zip sticks and because its pre-owned and washed it is ill fitting and has never felt like "my" jacket. I could have bought a cheaper repro but there would have been little point owning two mediocre M-65,s. Nothing compares to the RMC for sure.

The (brass) zipper runs freely but has problems engaging with the (for want of the correct word) zip housing and when it is zipped up i can not get it free and often have to take it off over my head. I think the zipper "starter" (again dictionary fails me) is bent, No amount of wax helps.

They are actually proofed with Quarpel but you have to wash without detergent in cold water to maintain its repellency, no good for removing dirt.

No evo pics I'm willing to post, but I'm 40. … I don't think I'll ever be able to let those 1947s go, but I'll certainly bear you in mind should this change.

The crease/wear on your Sugar Canes are amazing, and that M-65 is extra lovely. I have a Chinese Alpha. They get plenty of sneers online, and I can understand, but mine gets nothing but compliments in real life. It doesn't look *anywhere* as near as good as that, though, that's for stone cold certain. I guessed The Real McCoy's. I'm now trying to guess the boots. (I do love M-65s, and sensibly I understand that in many ways the choice for me should've been vintage.)