Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...

^^^Thanks.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. However maybe I should contact a few Rakuten sellers as well because even if you factor in shipping it'll still be around $100 less, that is if they have them.

Anyone know of any other places?

Edited by 3ns�

Love SE, but I disagree I bought a buzz sweat and a pair of 47 off HPA and saved about 50 on the sweat and 60 on the jeans... I shop at SE for other things however great shop. But then so is HPA, can't beat their customer service.

History Preservation are the exclusive agent and distributor for SC and BR in N.America and supply wholesale so i assumed SE was supplied through HPA and not directly by SC. Maybe Kiya can clarify.

This used to be true up until last month, Self Edge is now the only SC account outside of Japan buying directly from Toyo.

I always wondered Kiya, obviously the SE x SC collabs had no middle man because you was the only retailer?

Going back to what setterman picked up on (previous page). HPA are not going to supply retailers in N.America to then have there own retail price undercut so the rrp has to be set in stone.

Yup, the SEXSC collabs were brokered by HPA but we worked directly with Toyo.

About the pricing.. things are about to change, i'm going rogue.

^Spill the beans?

"Self Edge is now the only SC account outside of Japan buying directly from Toyo".

Here in the UK Niro has the SC distribution rights i believe while Eastman takes care of BR so along with HPA who do they buy from if its not directly from Toyo?

All those guys do buy directly from Toyo, but they're distributors, all distributors buy directly from the manufacturer.

So whats the differance between your "SC account" and say Eastman/BR or Niro they are both "distributors" and retailers of BR/SC, so are HPA are you saying having an SC account comes down to flexability on price?

JP retail price also seems set in stone.

I'd rather not get into all that publicly.

i have Toyo race tires.  Is that Toyo the same as Sugarcane Toyo?  

Completely different companies, but wait.. you race?

We should talk.

dang, I was hoping for some limited edition Sugarcane branded tires.  

Yea, I have an old 1973 Porsche 914 that I have in a semi-dedicated autocross set up.  I was going full on dedicated track car but the cost to do that at the time was prohibitive.  Its now at my buddy's shop in Sonoma getting a slight tune up.  

Sorry Kiya i hear what your saying...The penny finally dropped while driving home.

You are going to be the only SC retailer outside jp who does not have to go through a distributor while the others mentioned are distributors/retailers.

Forgive my slowness It took a while but went in eventually.

Hats off to your powers of negotiation btw.

Sugar Cane is an amazing brand with a wide range of product, but the discrepancy in price between what it sells for in Japan and the US has stunted its growth.  I hope to change that in the near future.

The situation is even worse for us over here, a pair of Okinawa SC40601A at togged.com which is actually Niro or SugarCane.co.uk (take your pick) will cost the equivalent of $496 USD. A pair of SC 47,s cost $341.

Can you extend your knight in shining denim offer across the pond please.

The situation is even worse for us over here, a pair of Okinawa SC40601A at togged.com which is actually Niro or SugarCane.co.uk (take your pick) will cost the equivalent of $496 USD. A pair of SC 47,s cost $341.

Can you extend your knight in shining denim offer across the pond please.

Not much i can do about that other than to say that our store ships worldwide for free.