Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

more sizing issues..

okay, i usually wear a 29 in regular low slung jeans. Energies, g stars.. but these are hipster cuts.

my energies are 15" across when laid flat, and my g stars are 15.5" when laid flat.

these fit snugly on the hip of course.

i also have a pair for evisus in 32.. but these are too loose for me.

now, i know all repros are made to have the jeans worn on the waist, but i like to wear them around the hips..

so, what size sugarcane 1947s should i get if i want to wear them on my hips, with them fitting snugly BUT not too tight after the first wash???

PLEASE HELP!

I recently purchased a pair of SugarCane Hawaiis SC40401A

These:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/251517/

They are pretty damn nice, but I think a little too extreme for me. Dye rubs off on your hands. Its pretty intense.

Size 34, brand new, tags attached.

I will sell them for whatever I paid. I can take personal photos if interested. Email me if interested...

[email protected]

Also, for reference, if I soak/wash a one wash pair, would I still develop good wear marks, etc?

Yo CL smooth, First off how do the jeans fit? Baggy, tight, snug, etc. If they are baggy i would do a cold water soak for about 3 hours. If they are snug i would take a bath in them. You will not loose much indigo at all from soaking the jeans. Many of the jeans that you see on the internet with great fades have been bought in the one wash state, which loses way more indigo than the cold soak. I have soaked two pairs of these jeans and have not lost much indigo at all. It wasn't even noticeable

Quote:
Quote:

the waist fits great, and the legs are a little baggy, but wearable...im in a pickle!

--- Original message by CL Smooth on Nov 16, 2005 06:57 PM

yep... mine are the same. Baggy legs.. icon_smile_sad.gif

--- Original message by bufo on Nov 16, 2005 07:36 PM

did you decide to soak them, wear them, or still dont know (like me)?

CL: You should soak them. The waist will shrink as will the legs. The waist will stretch back out though. You may have to put the jeans on damp after the soak though.

Quote:

CL: You should soak them. The waist will shrink as will the legs. The waist will stretch back out though. You may have to put the jeans on damp after the soak though.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on Nov 17, 2005 12:47 AM

how should i soak it? Wearing them? Inside out? For how long. Cold or hot water? how should i dry them?

Does it matter that i've already worn them for 3 days?

I'm kinda clueness, thanks for the help...

Edited by CL Smooth on Nov 17, 2005 at 05:34 PM

Just soak them inside out in cold water for about 3-4 hours. Spin them to get a lot of the wetness out. Then turn them right side out and wear them until they dry. The creases will form on the lap/thighs and behind the knees. You should be good after that. It doesn't matter that you wore them for three days.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

i'm curious, are the sugar cane 1966 really made in the US as the tag says . . . and where would they be made . . . also assuming the denim is japanese? if anyone has any info/thoughts I'd love to get more info on them . . . thanks.

img10451598333.jpeg

img10451598328.jpeg

--- Original message by the black arm on Nov 5, 2005 11:02 PM

anyone know the leg opening of the sugarcane 1966? or the 1955? I have someone willing to sell me them, but need to know if it will be too tapered. Anyone, please? Or is 1947 better? HELP!! Whats the leg opening?

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

If I order "One wash" Sugar Canes will there be any more shrinkage provided that subsequent washes are 40 degrees and the jeans are hang dried?

I'm debating whether I should have them do the soaking/shrinking or me.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Dec 12, 2005 11:21 AM

I don't think they will shrink more than that, I'm pretty sure they wash them in 40C.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Quote: hello,

how do the 1947 Sugarcanes compare in fit, style, etc. to the $30 501xx STFs from Sears, Kohls, etc.? are they very similar or not? thanks for the help!

They are roughly the same fit, but they have a higher rise than the 501s today. Better quality, and in my opinion, way more style.

Quote:

If I order "One wash" Sugar Canes will there be any more shrinkage provided that subsequent washes are 40 degrees and the jeans are hang dried?

I'm debating whether I should have them do the soaking/shrinking or me.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Dec 12, 2005 11:21 AM

You'll get alot more shrinkage if you get the one-wash rather than you washing it once. The one-wash won't shrink that much more. Also, the demin in the one-wash is pretty soft and fuzzy. It's not nearly as rigid as the unwashed after one soak.

Argghh..i hate asking these sizing questions, but I guess I gotta.

If i want to get the one-wash '47 Canes, and I normally wear a 32 in RRDS, a 29 in APC Rescues and a 34 in plain old regular 501's, would I be safe w/ a 34 in the Canes?

I'm going up a size because of the slim fit nature of the 47's...which I've never tried on.

Quote:

Argghh..i hate asking these sizing questions, but I guess I gotta.

If i want to get the one-wash '47 Canes, and I normally wear a 32 in RRDS, a 29 in APC Rescues and a 34 in plain old regular 501's, would I be safe w/ a 34 in the Canes?

I'm going up a size because of the slim fit nature of the 47's...which I've never tried on.

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Dec 15, 2005 11:08 AM

I don't think the 1947 is all that slim. It's a little baggy in the thighs and butt. I usually wear a 30 or 31... so at first I bought a one-wash in size 31 but eventually sold that because they were too baggy. Recently, I bought an unwashed in size 30 and soaked them in cold water after I received them. They are a just a tad smaller than my one-wash. I'm hoping that more subsequent soaks will make them smaller.

So, I wouldn't go up a size. I would maybe get a 33. If you decide to get the one-wash, they'll be super tight at the waist. But after a week of wearing them, they'll stretch out to around the size marked the tag.