Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

The reg ralf has more flare than the sc1947s and also a lower rise.

Quote:

well, if can you stand wearing them 1-2 sizes 2 big&long, then do so.

ringring: looking forward to you impressions!

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 10, 2005 12:29 PM

Jollyjinx

The SD's have red stitching (sorry they looked like they had a purple tinge last time, but I was wearing shades LOL). I didn't have any APC NS's on hand to compare them with, but they are a slim fit, with traditional rise (ie approx 11" front rise, 13" back rise).

Nice jeans if you like the colour stitching.

Mine have stretched out a bit, but mine fit baggy on me. I would imagine if they were tighter they would stretch out more.

Can I get some sizing help? I've read all the threads and it looks like I should go with my gut, but I just want to make sure. I have 3 pairs of Nudie Regular Ralf: dry selvage (29), authentic deluxe (29), and some older really worn in model (30). None of them are tight, and they all fit me really well. I have a pair of raw Dior in 28 that are snug and comfortable. I have a pair of raw Acne Mics that are a 29 and also snug and comfortable. I tried on a pair of very distressed LVC '47s in 29 and they were a little tight, but still okay. They were also heavily treated and never worn, so I'm sure they would stretch if I bought them.

I'm waiting to speak with Charles at History Preservation, but I spoke with a woman who works there today. She said that Sugarcanes will eventually shrink to 1" less than their marked size. So a 29 will ultimately measure 28". Even my often washed size 29 Nudies measure over 30" in the waist.

My gut says I should get the 29 Sugarcanes. Not the 30. Do you guys agree? I plan to buy the one-wash, btw.

Go with the 29 in a one wash state. If they fit you well when you first get them, then don't ever hardwash them or else they will shrink that extra inch in the waist. Otherwise that 29 should fit you just fine. If i was you i would think about buying the jeans in the unwashed state and doing the shrinking yourself. The denim didn't look fuzzy after i did this. I think the sugarcane one washes are heat dried rather than hang dried.

More sizing insanity...

I'm posting again because I've been talking with History Preservation for the past few days (although I still haven't talked to Charles) and my head hurts. I posted above that I'm leaning toward a 29 because I wear 29 in everything else. I was asked to take a tape measure to my waist. It comes out to 30.5". I call back History Preservation and they tell me to get a 30 or 31. I know I'm not a 31. So here are the two scenarios I'm thinking of:

A) A 29 will measure 30.5" out of the box (exactly my waist size). I've decided to get the unwashed. I will stretch them out as I wear them and then wash them for the first time in a few months. I will wash every few months after. The stretching will compensate for the shrinkage and they will still fit me perfectly.

B) A 30 will measure 31.5" out of the box. This is way too big, but I can soak them if I want. If they shrink an inch, they will be 30.5" and fit me perfect. I can wear them and wash them whenever I want. If they shrink all the way down to 30", I can easily stretch them out a half inch whereas the 29 will probably be too small.

Which is the most likely scenario? I'm still leaning toward the 29, but History Preservation seems to be pretty sure that this is too small for me. Since they don't normally carry a 29, I will not be able to return the jeans if I buy them.

Quote:
Quote:

well, if can you stand wearing them 1-2 sizes 2 big&long, then do so.

ringring: looking forward to you impressions!

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 10, 2005 12:29 PM

Jollyjinx

The SD's have red stitching (sorry they looked like they had a purple tinge last time, but I was wearing shades LOL). I didn't have any APC NS's on hand to compare them with, but they are a slim fit, with traditional rise (ie approx 11" front rise, 13" back rise).

Nice jeans if you like the colour stitching.

--- Original message by ringring on Oct 14, 2005 07:40 AM

hey, thanks. sounds good, hopefully I will be able to get a pair in a not too distant future :)

griffin

I would get the 29s. They will probably shrink 1-1.5" which would be pretty much perfect, at least it would for me, because I prefer my jeans to be about 4cm too small and then have them stretch to a comfortable size. The fit is probably a bit loose so you might want to go for the smaller size because of this too.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Oct 19, 2005 at 02:39 PM

Griffin: Go for the 29. My waist measures a real 31.5 - 32. I typically wear 30s in other jeans. I ordered the 31s because they told me that the final waist measurement would be 31 inches. I got the jeans, i cold soaked them and now the jeans are baggy on me. The waist fits okay, but not quite tight enough. I now use those for work and ordered a pair of 30s. The 30s got a cold soak and fit much better. Go for the 29s and cold soak them. Try on the jeans while they are still damp. If they fit too tight then wear the jeans until they dry and they should stretch out to your size. If they fit just right, then hang dry them and they should shrink a slight bit during the drying process.

Also, that lady doesn't know what she is talking about. And she is quite rude.

I think when i talked to her she was really busy, but she was very short with me and practically hung up on me by saying, "Well when you make up your mind call us back." then click.

Hey all, hate doing this but I need some sizing advice...

I'm a 34 in plain regular 501's (NOT LVC), and a 32 in RRDS...

what size would I get in the dry Canes (not one-wash)?

If someone could let me know ASAP, I'd really appreciate it...I'm heading to NYC this Thursday and was gonna pick up a pair of Rescues..if i want the Canes, I'll need to order them soon so that they'll get to NYC around the same time I'm there...

Thanks

Quote:

Triniboy, how nice are non-LVC 501s? I always see ads about cheap 501s and want to try some out

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Oct 23, 2005 08:58 PM

DJ Flame: I actually don't own a pair of the non-LVC 501s but I was tempted to buy one a few months back (the 'premium' edition one that was being sold at Caban)...that's how I know my size in 'em...quality-wise, I guess they're ok...the ones I were looking at were actually pretty nice (for $100)..I believe someone else on here bought 'em.

Minya: I'm normally a 32 in most other jeans, but I think because of the 501 fit, I had to size up in them...which is why I'm wondering what size I'd be in the Canes, since they're a 501-repro...

Make sense?

Damn..I hate all these sizing issues....

Edited by triniboy27 on Oct 24, 2005 at 03:24 AM

Quote: A) A 29 will measure 30.5" out of the box (exactly my waist size). I've decided to get the unwashed. I will stretch them out as I wear them and then wash them for the first time in a few months. I will wash every few months after. The stretching will compensate for the shrinkage and they will still fit me perfectly.

Griffin, this won't happen. What will happen is that you'll get them raw at 30.5", wear them for 6 months or whatever until they're about 33" in the waist, then when you wash them they'll shrink down to about 28" Then you'll have to nearly cut off circulation so you can put them back on again and stretch them back out. Your wear marks will have moved about a third of an inch and the creases won't be in the right places anymore. Stretching never compensates for shrinking, unfortunately.