Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Keeping the 1955z train going with this pair I just got back from SESF. The crotch split open on these prematurely due to some loose stitching, as well as a split along the yoke. 

Only intermittent WFH wear over the last year so not a ton happening, but they’re coming along! 

EB6E0291-288F-4C3B-A80B-06FF322DCA8D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Two rayon open collar flannels that I’m very sad don’t fit, both size L. I just got these from Hinoya on a whim and thought I could make them work. The black shirt is new/unworn and the red was washed once (then pressed) to see if it’d shrink, but no luck. 

Looking to get 110 shipped apiece, although I can give you a deal if you get both. Retail is ~150 USD. 

728A92B3-EB37-4BB6-877C-063CF845266E.jpeg

A0A59F31-331F-4760-AA24-D9797E9FD8EC.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for bringing up sizing issues, which I know is boring, but: anyone have advice on sizing for the 1947? Same as SC66? WH1001? Afraid to ride the back rise like a wire fence. In most of the photos I’ve seen from stores, the guys look quite uncomfortable, with full wedgie face. In the photos I could find on here, however, you guys look cool and un-wedgied. Any advice is appreciated. 

I wear 34 in 1966s and 36 in 1947s. The waist measures pretty much the same after wearing and washing. For the 1947 size 34, the waist was ok but way too tight around hips for me. In warehouse I wear 34 but not all cuts work for me. 

It depends on where you wear them and what shape you are. The rise is very high - for the intended fit you would squeeze them over your hips so that they sit comfortably at the thinnest part of your waist. But most people seem to wear them on their hips so they have to size up quite significantly. 

Thank you, all three of you, this makes sense, and combined it makes for very good fitting advice. Guess I'll size up and wear them slightly lower to avoid the dreaded pull from behind.

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I haven't worn the 1966, but I'd take the same size in the 1947 as the WH 1001xx, or maybe one size larger than the WH, depending on how slim you like them.

I concur with this. I have pairs of WH 1001xx and SC 1947 in the same size and both fit well.

Edited by tjsma

12 hours ago, roomtemplacroix said:

here’s my vat-dyed chambray that i wear to work for pretty much every shift. i work as a barista and i’m looking forward to seeing how the bottom half of the shirt ages much more rapidly the the top half. 

3D20BDC9-D82F-4E21-B57C-575EADBB391F.jpeg

Your shirt is looking great. I think I’ll go for one of these when they restock.

I’ve been very happy with my Sugar Cane shirts, one of their patterns has longer sleeves which fit me well, and more room in the shoulders that I’ve found with Warehouse. And the value is always impressive. 

My standard fit Sugar Cane '47s from Hinoya which I can't wear anymore cuz there was a family dryer incident and they shrunk haha....I gave them to a good friend, who wears them a ton, so I still get to see them fading on a weekly basis. I think this was 8 months of wear, a few days a week, but I wasn't logging wears at that point like I do with my jeans now. Roping was decent even without a chain stitch (whoops) cuz I hemmed them when they were new.

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.27.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.27.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.27.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.27.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.27.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.28.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 1.28.39 PM.png

4 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Sugar Cane is working on new 40s models (43 and 46, jeans and jackets). You can see them here:

I heard the denim should be special and treated, similar to Warehouse's DSB. We'll see

Amazing condition vintage Levis piece, that they got on borrow from a collector, if I understood that correctly.

Release in autumn- will be interesting to see more details.

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They seem a bit behind the curve with these releases.

I agree Martin but it was worth the wait to see those gorgeous flannel pocket-lined 43s and in a great size too. Sometimes though certain collectors are reluctant to let those really rare garments out of the bag, so to speak. So it can take some time to find these pieces, within collections, and then you have to get them to agree to photographing them. This could be for many reasons (??) but it is becoming more common now to see really rare deadstock/unworn Levis jeans and jackets, than say, 5 years ago. Weird.

Thought l was well and truly over the WW2 jeans reissues but these SC 43's have caught my interest. Need to see more details first though. 

Edited by Dr_Heech
Spelling

Selling my Canes.   Don’t wear them anymore and doesn’t make sense to keep them.  Had some good times with them.

SC1947

Size 34

29 inseam

Thigh 12 1/2

Waist 16 1/2

Inseam 12

Price: $98shipped

Professionally chainstitch hemmed by at Hudson’s Hill, Greensboro, NC.

Shipping is USA but can work out overseas shipping if interested.

390237ED-8205-4E66-8C8C-15BAA33BFA5F.jpeg

7D019672-899E-4368-9BC3-59F124EDC5FB.jpeg

4BF95925-FE25-4F0E-8B0E-85CD08C024B5.jpeg

9F5B7B3D-23AB-4825-A529-D2E29F857D40.jpeg

5C1EB2A0-D7D0-4451-B222-2A275F06E8D5.jpeg

911625F5-03FA-4F4E-8AE3-8E1C5890D19C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

:D and does the guy on the left really say "Jeansjacke" (German for denim jacket) at 1.39? 

Jeansjacke :biggrin: he says "shinsaku"- it really sounds like Jeansjacke.
'Kind of like song lyrics, where one sometimes hears something and when looking at the text, it was actually something else.

Shinsaku means "new piece/creation" or so.

Edited by indigoeagle