Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

How does the fit compare between the 1947 and 1966? I've been looking at measurements and would fit a size 30/31 (depending on the shop) in the 1966 when I wear a 32 in the 1947.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the the 66 to be more generous in the waist and thighs but more tapered below then knee where the 47s run very small in the waist and seat area. I wear a 34 in the 66’s and they’re perfect for me. I’d definitely take a 36 in the 47s. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed a chat in the FC thread regarding a price hike and it got me thinking.. when i used to buy SC-47s in the early 2000s from JP.. i was paying around £94 for a pair.. the value of our currency was very strong in those days, i was getting almost 2 dollars to the pound. Japanese consumption tax increased from 5% to 8% sometime around 2012 and the price of (now arc-less) SC-47's increased to £97..

The value of the pound is currently fucked thanks to idiots.. so i've just checked the price of SC-47s for the first time in nearly a decade and they're still only £107

Amazing!

5 minutes ago, Talan said:

Dancing Bears! Somehow I don't think members of the Grateful Dead would own Japanese denim… Also because they surely prefered that don't give a fuck attitude towards appearance.

Ha! Yeah, I doubt they were too materialist. I bet they had some great-looking pairs of Levis though!

49 minutes ago, (10chars) said:

Ha! Yeah, I doubt they were too materialist. I bet they had some great-looking pairs of Levis though!

You surely mean Bobby's cutoffs? ;)

898606882_ScreenShot2023-01-17at22_05_25.png.f53d9f4d5e677e116b7e8e0323785a8f.png

Edited by Talan

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, NilsLW said:

Amazing! I’m really curious as to what they would look like if you gave them a wash though.

I've just had a look back to find you a photo of what they looked like after their last wash.. i've gone back 5yrs and I can't find one.. but i did find this

..it looks like i tore the arse years ago, couldn't be arsed to patch them, stuck them in a drawer and started wearing those^ M41030's for work instead.. when they eventually died in April 2022, i patched and started wearing the SC47s again.. they haven't been washed since..

I've just taken a bag of work clothes home to wash over the xmas break, my next workwear wash will be in the summer, i don't wash workwear with any other clothing because the sawdust you see in the cuff get's all over the clean washing (especially dark colours) otherwise i'd wash them to see but i'm not saving them till the summer.

30 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look great Neal. What will you wear to work next or will you just go in in your pants?

I'm not sure Martin.. I've still got a few more pairs of SC47s with arcs and tabs, my intention was always to wear those for work but they're getting quite rare nowadays so it seems a shame to trash them. The vintage joint has quite a few nice old pairs of Carhartt Carpenter Pants which although heavily washed.. are not heavily worn so for £25/pair, i might move onto them.. i've just started wearing those piece of shit RMC 003s for work as a stopgap but they're already junk so they'll probably only last a few more months..

Global Shipping Program.. it makes your items visible on all ebay.com listings rather than just .co.uk

When sold, you send your item to a warehouse in the UK..  it's checked and forwarded to the reciepient.. like usual.. you just add domestic shipping charges (to the warehouse) which is paid to you by the buyer and all the other charges re shipping, duty, insurance ect are facilitated by ebay and the costs for doing so are shown only on the .com listing to be paid to ebay by the buyer... once the warehouse receive your goods, all the other headaches regarding international shipping are not your headaches.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

47 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

With the value of the pound against the dollar.. i'm surprised folks across the pond are not buying our clothing..

Well you’d never mentioned that that was an option! I’d be happy to put a dent in your collection of ‘47s & put them to good use, if you’re looking to downsize…

Fair enough. Don’t know why, but I thought you had some 33s mixed in. These days I’m running a little slimmer than usual in the waist & could comfortably make that work…32 probably not so much

If only your Brakeman was my size I’d be a very happy guy…

Edited by julian-wolf