Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

On 9/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, Ciabatta said:

What’s the waist like on the 55’s? Are they a little smaller than tagged? I find the 47’s in a 34 to be tight while the 34 in the 66’s are looser and more comfortable (tho the rise is higher so that prob helps.)

I can barely button size 32 in the 47, but in the 55 they’re spot on/comfy. They’re close to the 66 in that way, but without the taper.

And attached is a random shot I snapped cleaning up the bedroom. The light looked nice! Not a lot of wear yet, though. 

9BF022CE-156F-4388-9F36-6CD77AEBD225.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I took some quick pictures after washing my black 1947s. I can’t remember how many washes and def no clue how many wears. Cold machine wash and air dry. I’ve had to wash these almost every few wears bc of the amount of baby vomit i get on them so they’re getting quite wrinkly. The fabric is great. I’ll prob pick up another pair when the restock hits. 

28C0F097-AC3C-4132-9B2A-C4A683FEBECE.jpeg

3BCE1AE2-C4B0-477A-A292-850EBC7F85B6.jpeg

CB307FD1-3FAD-4816-8CF0-F0F5E2D2AA88.jpeg

E041EE27-A2E5-4D11-9828-BC91CE148949.jpeg

08834A7C-066B-479F-BC3E-08AE69D22E1D.jpeg

6ED67B0B-81DA-4479-ABB4-3D1F4FB96E3A.jpeg

FEA3F011-F604-4DC7-9F0C-D50B8BD6AF96.jpeg

Edited by youngofthesoonest

@youngofthesoonest Have you noticed any extra shrinkage over time with washes and wear? I've pairs of standard 1947s that have shrunk over after subsequent washes months later.

1 hour ago, ReverendGlasseye said:

@youngofthesoonest Have you noticed any extra shrinkage over time with washes and wear? I've pairs of standard 1947s that have shrunk over after subsequent washes months later.

not that I've noticed but I also haven't really noticed any shrinkage in my standard 47s either after the 1st couple washes so maybe my washer isn't as rough? After the first washes, the length went up a bit but then since then I haven't had to adjust anything and it feels the same after a day of wearing. 

Thanks

Stylistically, I don’t think I like them quite as much as the ‘46 Sakuras that they’re “replacing”, but a comfortable fit is worth the difference, and I’d been interested in these for a bit

• 4 weeks later...

I gave my BSPOW a soak after 2 months. I wish it were sunnier, but this early evening overcast light must do.

41k0Cjz.jpg

RN6YQ6p.jpg

eXyA4ZJ.jpg

w5RutBA.jpg

9Q5RNas.jpg

YTL9rKm.jpg

fIkQGis.jpg

I'm really enjoying how the seams are puckering. And this is some great leg twist! The fabric itself is still pretty neppy as they've only been in rotation for a couple months. They're my new favorite pair after the soak though. Cheers

Do you roll them dry each time you wash them, or something? Really interesting how the backs of the legs have faded from being pressed up against the left outseam & the right inseam (& vise versa on the front)—I have an indigo-dyed T-shirt with a similar effect at the back of the collar, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen this on jeans before

Today came new acquisition from Germany. SC 1966 originally owned by @beautiful_FrEaK and now under my protection :rolleyes:

Thank you Tillman, I'll take care for them. Promise.

sorry for very simple quick done fit pics. next will do better

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

@rockon99 How did you size your BSPOW’s?

looking at the size charts I’m either a tag size 34 or 36. I need a 33” waist. 
are they really that undersized or do they sit up high? 
I typically buy a 33 or 34 tag, my TCBs are a 34 with space in the waist and so are my Momos. 
any advice appreciated. 

@youngofthesoonest - any tips? 

Edited by UkeNo

8 hours ago, UkeNo said:

@rockon99 How did you size your BSPOW’s?

looking at the size charts I’m either a tag size 34 or 36. I need a 33” waist. 
are they really that undersized or do they sit up high? 
I typically buy a 33 or 34 tag, my TCBs are a 34 with space in the waist and so are my Momos. 
any advice appreciated. 

@youngofthesoonest - any tips? 

they do run small so it's not unusual to need to size up 1 or 2 depending on the desired fit...the first model on the product page, I believe we sized him up 2 so it's got a little more room in the leg while the second model, David, he only sized up 1 for a trimmer fit. the waist will stretch decently so it just comes down to how slim you want to go. I generally advise people to size up 2 bc you can always wash it on a warmer cycle and/or dry in the machine to get it to shrink down if needed. With a cold wash and air dry, the shrink for this fabric is mostly in length. I've gotten my last pair of okinawas to shrink almost a size with a hot machine wash and dry cycle.

In hindsight I wish I didnt do that bc my body decided to expand and I'm apparently preshrunk so there's no getting smaller for me.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...