Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^ That’s supposed to be how it works but I think I’ve heard that’s not always the case in practice. The measurements should confirm either way and realistically, you should be able to tell by handling them.

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look raw to me, the patch looks like it hasn’t touched water. What’s the waist measurement (BiG) style and the inseam? 

Thanks Maynard. They’ve def been hemmed. The inseam is just 75cm (29,5 inches). Waist is about 42cm (33 inches).

They may have had a cold soak with no agitation, although the waist looks about right for a raw pair. If nothing else, it's keeping us all in suspense...

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Small update regarding the above raw/one wash questions. Seems they where raw. Got about 4cm in length and nearly as much in the waist. Top block is much trimmer over all and much more puckering. Thanks everyone who chimed in!
I’ll update with fit pics ones I’m home again.

Edited by Spiraltoy

thanks to beautiful freak for telling me about bears toyko. shipping was really fast and they already had been shortened to 32" length by DC4 which is next door.

my W32"  "one wash" pair measures roughly 34" in waist and 36" in length. I would expect these to fully shrink to a real 32" waist and and a 30" leg after a couple of washes.

if I had known better I would have sized down to a W30. when the sun gets out again I will do some photos for comparison to the us made version, the denim comes really dark compared to the SC42021 which I got earlier this year. anyone else got a pair of these 1955z?

On 11/4/2021 at 6:44 PM, youngofthesoonest said:

I’ve had to wash these black 1947s (and everything else I wear) pretty often since my kid has gotten a habit of wiping his hands on me whenever he touches something gross (which is all the time) and have gotten some pretty nice grays coming out in a short amount of time. Really love how this black fabric ages. 

DD9D2B8E-0ED5-4D77-8767-371365667DCA.jpeg

Woah, I love how much the gray is coming out. How did you go about washing your pair? Contemplating washing mine soon.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:09 AM, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

thanks to beautiful freak for telling me about bears toyko. shipping was really fast and they already had been shortened to 32" length by DC4 which is next door.

my W32"  "one wash" pair measures roughly 34" in waist and 36" in length. I would expect these to fully shrink to a real 32" waist and and a 30" leg after a couple of washes.

if I had known better I would have sized down to a W30. when the sun gets out again I will do some photos for comparison to the us made version, the denim comes really dark compared to the SC42021 which I got earlier this year. anyone else got a pair of these 1955z?

Got my pair w30 today from Bears. I actually really like the zipper, but that's probably because I haven't used on a pair of jeans in probably over a decade. Here are some shitty pics I took in my room really quick. My initial thought pulling these out of the bag were if they were even one-washed or not since there was hardly any creasing.

Unfortunately the thighs are a bit tight so if anyone has a w31 to trade or would like to take these off my hands, I'd let em go for cheap. 

14 minutes ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^measurements on those? Might be interested in 'em.

BiG measurements

waist-31

rise-11.5

thigh-12.2

knee-9

opening-8.2

Edited by beew
wrong number

1 hour ago, beew said:

Woah, I love how much the gray is coming out. How did you go about washing your pair? Contemplating washing mine soon.

I flip them inside out and wash them with other laundry on cold and air dry. I'm guessing i've been washing them about every 10 wears.

20 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

I flip them inside out and wash them with other laundry on cold and air dry. I'm guessing i've been washing them about every 10 wears.

How much shrinkage would you say you got?

2 hours ago, beew said:

How much shrinkage would you say you got?

only noticeable thing was the length which i think i lost a little under an inch maybe? the rest of the jean shrank a little but stretched back out quickly. 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:36 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

Has anyone here been wearing the 1966? Thinking it will be my next pair. 

Is it the same denim as the 1947?

Different denim! They’re really good—I’ll have to snap photos of my faded pair soon.

• 2 weeks later...