Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Broark said:

I feel like the over-the-top runoff is getting a little out of hand here. :blink2:

that's what I look like after spaghetti night

Edited by youngofthesoonest

@Pedro SC doesn't mention the down rating of that jacket (sus), but on the next page for their vests, they mention that the down rating is 700. 700, if pure and not mixed, is just ok.

But I'm not talking about the quality (although for $1300 it should be a fine 900 fill), I'm talking about the documented history of the unethical Chinese down market. 

900-fill for a vest?

You must be joking...unless this vest is advertised for summiting Everest. 

This is a decorative piece for wealthy folks to go grab dinner on Pearl Street in Boulder and I assure you that 700-fill will be quite sufficient.

I have one of these actually, the green with buckskin from about 7 years ago. It has braved the severest weather from my Land Rover to the overpriced fare in Aspen.

Haha

On 9/24/2021 at 8:16 PM, Pedro said:

This is a decorative piece for wealthy folks to go grab dinner on Pearl Street in Boulder and I assure you that 700-fill will be quite sufficient.

I have one of these actually, the green with buckskin from about 7 years ago. It has braved the severest weather from my Land Rover to the overpriced fare in Aspen.

Haha

Having lived in Boulder for ~15 years, this made me laugh. The funny thing is, the wealthy folks walking down Pearl wearing this are the recent transplants from TX.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:37 AM, Sympathy-For-The-Denim said:

anyone knows when the 55s arrive in the shops? bears tokyo doesn't have them yet. thx!

I know we'll have them at our stores November 8th!

Edited by kiya

Only getting to browse the F/W catalogue now (thank you @Broark). The SC10701 jacket, which mixes Hawaii & Okinawa sugar cane-based fabric is really intriguing in the way it shows the 2 colors of denim when raw. I wonder whether the fabric look more similar after they've been worn & washed a few times.

The brown duck Type II jacket is nice.

The Native American collection is new, isn't it?

I like the 5-pocket cord pants (SC42257). 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the 1955z at SESF yesterday! These feel like somewhat of a hybrid, sizing-wise, between the 66 and the 47. The waist is a bit more forgiving on the 55 and the 66, but the former obviously doesn’t have as narrow of a leg opening. Don’t quote me on this, but I reckon most people can wear a size down from their size in the 47 (that’s how it is for me, anyway). 

There might be a fit pic of me on here wearing the original SC 1955z 12ish years ago? Loved em back then but gained too much weight and tragically gave them away to someone I don’t even like anymore!  

There

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Does the ‘55 only come zippered?

I wonder if the recipient of your old ‘55z doesn’t like you anymore either?

He absolutely doesn’t. Long story lol.

The 55 only comes with a zipper, yeah, and it’s probably the only thing I kinda dislike about it.

Does anyone know if these are one wash or not? There’s some mild puckering at the yoke but no other signs of them ever touching water. Gonna get them hemmed tomorrow so need to know if I should soak or not.

Bonus fact; got them off of Swedish ebay for about $20.

image.jpg