Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Would anyone share thoughts on how the top block of the 66 compares to 47s? I've been planning on replacing my 5 y/o 47s with a new pair come fall, but the renewed availability of the 66s has piqued my interest. I'm most curious about the hip flare /anti-fit rear end which is fairly pronounced on my 47s (size 36). Cheers!

1 minute ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

Would anyone share thoughts on how the top block of the 66 compares to 47s? I've been planning on replacing my 5 y/o 47s with a new pair come fall, but the renewed availability of the 66s has piqued my interest. I'm most curious about the hip flare /anti-fit rear end which is fairly pronounced on my 47s (size 36). Cheers!

i have worn 47's from a size 28-31. i am a true 29. i bought my 66's in a 29 and hot washed them after their factory wash. so far the waist and top block feels much more like my size 30 47s if i'm comparing the two models. the 66 denim has a lot more stretch than the 47. the butt on my 66s is actually pretty loose, especially if i don't have them hiked all the way up. nothing super unflattering though. 

16 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

. SC is the most underrated denim company, such unique types of denim.

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They just rise and fall in favour like most of the other brands. The Full Count thread was very active but is now nearly dead...doesn't mean the brand is worse (although we could debate about them became worse with the latest changes)

Agreed, it’s not flavour of the month right now, though it has been in the past. Underrated may also mean that they don’t seem to be as popular on this forum as other brands despite their standard models being such good value for money - 47, 66, etc plus denim jackets.

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I wouldn't say they are underrated. They just rise and fall in favour like most of the other brands. The Full Count thread was very active but is now nearly dead...doesn't mean the brand is worse (although we could debate about them became worse with the latest changes)

What changes did full count have?

Haven’t owned a pair but they look like Momotaros without the special effects.  Mature alternative to Momo for 5-years down the road

So Sugar Cane will increase the prices for their jeans by 2,000 Yen.
Curious which pairs will be affected. The new SC42021 was already more expensive than the SC41947, the SC42009 and SC42014.
BEARS say it's for the standard jeans. Not sure if the Hawaii and Okinawa are considered as standard jeans as well.

On 6/17/2021 at 3:18 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Sorry, didn't mean popularity, more just the uniqueness of denim for what I would consider a pretty good value price point. These EDOs remind me of the $600+ hank dyed jeans of a few years ago.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, reallypeacedoff said:

My first thought was "What a find!" too.

My first time in the SESF store was when these dropped, didn't have my size at the time.

How's a 34 measure?

Ah, that's unfortunate they didn't have your size then. I remember these didn't really sell out right away until a few months later, but it's still crazy to think that these came out 13 years ago. I was still in high school! 

The size 34 measures pretty good all around, but it's a Japanese slim-straight so the front and back rise are a bit shallow and the thighs are slimmer; However, I took that into consideration when searching for a pair and sized up (I'm a true 32) so it's still loose enough for me to wear comfortably. Luckily this pair has only been cold rinsed once as they are unsanforized so they'll most likely shrink more with hot washes/soaks, but I'll probably be only cold rinsing these moving forward. 

Overall, I'm very happy I was able to pick these up and add them in my collection. I'm not sure when I will be breaking them out though as I've just been religiously wearing my Roy x SE R01s, which is a super slow fader. I also have a brand new pair or Sugar Cane BSPOW Okinawa I still need to break in. 

Too many Jeans not enough legs lol...

I'm having trouble deciding between a size 32 and a 33 in the Sugarcane 1966.

My Sugarcane BSPOW are a size 32 and they are too snug in the waist, however, according to SE's measurements the BSPOW size 32 is a true 31 inch waist and the 1966 32 is a true 32.5 waist. Do you think I'd be fine with the 32 66 or should I go with the size 33?

2 hours ago, (10chars) said:

My Sugarcane BSPOW are a size 32 and they are too snug in the waist, however, according to SE's measurements the BSPOW size 32 is a true 31 inch waist and the 1966 32 is a true 32.5 waist. Do you think I'd be fine with the 32 66 or should I go with the size 33?

my size 29 66 measure to 29 in the waist just after a wash, and they do stretch a good bit. 

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile, but wanted to see if anyone has some advice on sizing the SE exclusive 1947 in black/black. Looking at HPA's sizing for the normal 1947, I'd be pressed to get a size 30 when I compare measurements with my TCB 50 jeans (the regular straight cut) in size 31. But, I have some Sugar Cane 2021's in a size 30 and Kiya had advised to size up at least 1 size for the 1947 black/black. He mentioned the waist would be too small for a size 30, but my TCB's started out at 28.5" which is the same size as the size 30 1947 black/black and now have stretched to 30" over the last couple months which is perfect. Reading the few posts on here about the 1947 black/black, it seems the waist might shrink even more though from SE's measurements? Any advice would be appreciated. The main thing for me is keeping the roomy knee (measures 9" on my TCBs after a few washes, 14" down the inseam) from my TCBs, without too much extra fabric in the top block.

I don’t have any personal experience with the SC black denim, but the general advice seems to be that it stretches back to raw in the waist like most other SC denims. When I went to Self Edge to check these out, they also recommended that I side up to a 36, which is def. wrong. Sizing Cane’s down one from TCB is pretty standard, & should be a safe bet.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for awhile, but wanted to see if anyone has some advice on sizing the SE exclusive 1947 in black/black. Looking at HPA's sizing for the normal 1947, I'd be pressed to get a size 30 when I compare measurements with my TCB 50 jeans (the regular straight cut) in size 31. But, I have some Sugar Cane 2021's in a size 30 and Kiya had advised to size up at least 1 size for the 1947 black/black. He mentioned the waist would be too small for a size 30, but my TCB's started out at 28.5" which is the same size as the size 30 1947 black/black and now have stretched to 30" over the last couple months which is perfect. Reading the few posts on here about the 1947 black/black, it seems the waist might shrink even more though from SE's measurements? Any advice would be appreciated. The main thing for me is keeping the roomy knee (measures 9" on my TCBs after a few washes, 14" down the inseam) from my TCBs, without too much extra fabric in the top block.

I am a 33 in the indigo 1947 and i sized up to a 34 in the black. The fabric stretches but with regular washing, it would’ve been painful in a 33 of the black jean. 

On 6/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, (10chars) said:

Can anyone with Self edge's BSPOW comment on how much these shrink with subsequent washes? It is my understanding they can stretch a lot, but any shared experience with shrinking would be great.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, rmc said:

Can anyone with Self edge's BSPOW comment on how much these shrink with subsequent washes? It is my understanding they can stretch a lot, but any shared experience with shrinking would be great.

cold wash line dry the shrink is just back to where it was when you bought it. Length sometimes shrinks down a little so just give yourself a little wiggle room. When i had a pair in this fabric, i got a little shrink in the length on a cold regular cycle and about a half size of shrink when i warm washed it in the machine. The waist stretched back out easily but the thighs felt a little more snug