Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

11 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

He says that every time he sees the photo

"dad! why did you drop me on the floor?"

"i didn't, i was loading the car up for a day at the seaside and you were the last thing to go in"

..or at least that's what i told social services

At least you didn’t put him on the car roof whilst loading it, forget he was up there and then drive off...

5 hours ago, cusswords said:

https://hinoya.shop/en/products/sc11201

Is this lot 201 a new Sugar Cane fiber denim? It’s not the Edo, Oki, or Hawaii and it wasn’t included in this year’s  catalog.  

Is this what they made the IG post on referring to as the "Awa Ai"? https://www.instagram.com/p/CNR7YwejFGW/ 

Says Awa is natural indigo - I think these are the same thing. Wondering if they'll make jeans using it. Is this something they did in the past (like the Edo?) and then are circling back around to? I'm not the history buff here that some are... 

The new AWA-AI denim looks so nice.  We get the Type I jacket this week and jean in two weeks at all shops, love that Sugar Cane is doing more special edition stuff these days.

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

What cut are the jeans @kiya?

Fit is similar to the new 2021 jean mode.

2 hours ago, Fooleo said:

Damn that right pocket shape is so good! @roomtemplacroix is it the same denim as the regular 47s? 

as far as i know this is an entirely new denim that sugar cane made when they originally made the limited edition 46 jean with junky. it's a 13oz denim. very very different from the 47 denim. 

Just picked up the Black 47s from SE and have to say they might just be the best black jeans ever made. Totally worth the wait. Heads up to anyone else considering them, I got an additional 1" of shrinkage in the waist and 3/4" in the length after a delicate wash even though these are already rinsed. The waist is already stretching back but the length in the inseam sadly is not coming back.

Nice! I’m loving these jeans. Interesting that you got that much shrink in the length on delicate. I’ve machine washed every week for the last month and i didn’t lose any length. Anyways i love this fabric and how nicely it ages. Starting to see some fading already. 

3B5B488D-F204-4A4A-9503-B9C6CA8D0455.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...