Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know more about a Begin 15th anniversary colab? "Begin" red tab, "Eisho" on the size tag and "15th anniversary Begin" tag sewn inside the waistband. Red sashiko-circle arcs, either chambray denim, or double indigo or something along those lines, as far as I know.
Would love to know more ;)

Does anyone here have any experience with SC's Slack Denim? There's someone on Grailed selling an old pair and I'm wondering how it behaves, stretches, wears, etc. compared to the standard 1947 model/denim. I know they're an older model that is discontinued.

Mine are still (embarrassingly) raw and b_F sold his but I believe @chicote has a well worn pair that be broke in from new.

They also use the same denim as one of the early Self Edge collab pairs - I think @BrownMetallic has a pair of those.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I think the SE collab was SEXSC06

Here you go @ReverendGlasseye

This "SLACK DENIM" is a model that reproduces the texture of "HAND WOVEN DENIM" with a power loom. In order to express the texture of hand-woven with a power loom, the tension of the power loom must be loosened as much as possible, but if the tension is loosened too much, knocking will occur and the machine will stop. Sugar cane weaves "SLACK DENIM" by reducing the number of shots and preparing a special power loom that adjusts the tension to near the limit, creating "SLACK DENIM" with a unique texture close to hand-woven denim. It was. In addition, we are particular about dyeing, and by blending Ryukyu Masaai and indigo and weaving using rope-dyed sugar-colored threads, we have finished the denim with a vintage feel.

The style is a basic straight 5-pocket model, and the hip pocket has a manual stitch, which is a trademark of sugar cane denim. Buffalo leather is used for the waist leather label. There are four types of sewing threads, No. 6, No. 8, No. 20, and No. 30, and several colored threads are prepared for each count and used properly in various places. This "SLACK DENIM", which uses sugar cane fabric to achieve a hand-woven texture that was difficult to reproduce until now, has a unique presence that is different from conventional denim.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:55 PM, Thanks_M8 said:

Anyone know more about a Begin 15th anniversary colab? "Begin" red tab, "Eisho" on the size tag and "15th anniversary Begin" tag sewn inside the waistband. Red sashiko-circle arcs, either chambray denim, or double indigo or something along those lines, as far as I know.
Would love to know more ;)

Not off the top of my head,  but Ive just had a quick snoop around the interwebz... they mark the 15th anniversary of Begin, Eisho translates to 'chant' they're 50/50 mix and dyed with indigo from Ryuku, the Eisho pair celebrate the Yaeyama Islands which are marked by the character on the patch the other character refers to the Sanshin (musical instrument)

fullsizeoutput_2ac5

...there are other pairs in the Begin 15th anniversary line up, a 'Masura' pair (50/50) for instance which translates to 'A Good Destiny'

fullsizeoutput_2ac7

..both pairs have the same '15th Anniversary' red tab sewn inside the waistband.

Edited by Double 0 Soul

4 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Mine are still (embarrassingly) raw and b_F sold his but I believe @chicote has a well worn pair that be broke in from new.

They also use the same denim as one of the early Self Edge collab pairs - I think @BrownMetallic has a pair of those.

Sorry ... mine were the SExSC02 in double ringspun.

13 hours ago, ReverendGlasseye said:

@Double 0 Soul Thanks! Yeah, that was a few years ago I recall. I'm having a tough time finding any info on them anywhere.

@Maynard Friedman is correct, I sold my pair many moons ago.
It was bought from a Dutch shop who had them on sale. Although the denim has this "handwoven" trait (simulated by the power loom) I expected them to be very stretchy but if I remember right, they weren't more stretchy than other jeans.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, JDelage said:

Do you still own this jacket? Asking because this year's release is in gold and it looks lo-ve-ly!

Fairly late replying to this, but I do still own it, however I am (fairly unsuccessfully) trying to sell it as it’s just too snug on me. 
Once I sell it I’ll likely try to and pick up one in a larger size, I really love the wine colour they released last year.