Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

25 minutes ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Got them from Self Edge. Helping out the local business during these weird times.

Thanks, being tall (6’ 3”) stacks make my legs look a little shorter so I’m fine with it. Not sure if you have seen my SExI14 or SE05BSP but those had some stacks!

Once these settle, they will look awesome in my opinion. First couple of weeks with new denim always looks a little...off.

Seriously, we appreciate this massively.  With 5 stores being closed for almost 5 months every purchase has helped to make sure we still have 5 stores once the dust settles from the virus closures.  Thank you.

Edited by kiya

2 hours ago, kiya said:

Seriously, we appreciate this massively.  With 5 stores being closed for almost 5 months every purchase has helped to make sure we still have 5 stores once the dust settles from the virus closures.  Thank you.

Of course Kiya, you always look after me. It was good fun going through my past orders by the way, trip down memory lane.

1 hour ago, MJF9 said:

@reallypeacedoff they look a great fit on you, as I know the sizing won't work for everyone...

Looking forward to the champion stacks you produce... them others are quite something

Agreeing with Ooms... nice to see variety in how jeans are worn... keep posting them

Thanks, appreciate it! I’m on some APC Petit Standard, 301s-14, Nudie Fearless Freddie Dry Selvage and some protos of CC15 JN02 jeans—which an old friend gave me—right now. He started Rag & Bone but decided he wanted to get into reclaimed denim after he was done with it. Pretty streaky denim. All from the archives in a secret Los Angeles warehouse in Vernon. I’m sure Kiya knows of it?

Since it is so hot here right now, the SC are pretty timely purchase. Looking forward to wearing them in and sharing the journey.

1 hour ago, chantheman said:

how did you size them?

I went size 34 un-hemmed. In other brands: Levis 501 (32), Imperial (34), TFH (33/34), IH (32/33), Strike Gold (33), APC (32-34), Nudie (31-33), Ksubi (32-34)...

I usually go true to waist size pre-soak knowing it will shrink and I generally stretch waist out pretty quickly due to biking and motorcycling and being fairly active. Not one of those 'wears jeans to a gym' kinda guy though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting rid of some pairs I don't see myself wearing again any time soon…

Still at the "putting out feelers" stage: Would anyone be interested in:

• Lot 200 (SC40200), W32, the hand-dyed natural indigo pair with the persimmon pocket bags. These are a great high-rise, slim–straight cut, and were my favorite jeans for a while, but since I started bicycling more they've become pretty tight in the thighs. The fabric's beautiful, and the cut can be very flattering. 
  • Lot 501 (SC40501), W32, the synthetic-mixed Edo Ai, detailed after the Nevada overalls. These are a regular–tapered cut, and they still fit me pretty well, but I really prefer having a second hip pocket, and the detailing's honestly too loud for me these days.

Both of the above have an okay amount of wear on them (no weak points in the fabric nor busted seams, but definitely some fading), and I wouldn't be looking for much—mostly just want to see them being put to good use rather than sitting in my closet. Open to reasonable offers on either, and happy to provide photos, measurements, etc., on request.

Also still looking to sell my lot 1955 MiUSA (SC41955A), W33, new in box w/ all promotional materials & memorabilia intact. Those should be worth around $200, but open to offers there as well.

edit: All of the above are ca. 2004–2007, with arcs & tabs.

Edited by julian-wolf
corrected lot 501 tag size that I'd misremembered

10 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

You mean the Edo Ivy look? ;)

20200909_085849.thumb.jpg.b298b4372975c1cc55d388ccb1e6a60e.jpg

Fab fit!  What size are these, Tilmann, W34L34 ?! ... May need to future-size to 36, cuz that future is so sadly now.

But, I’m not giving up on the notion of shrinking back to my normal 34s:unsure2::rolleyes::ph34r2:

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here tried either of the new Self Edge collab jeans yet? Interested in any takes on the cut, particularly how much room there is up top 

Looking like I’m gonna be in SF this Saturday; I’ll probably end up swinging by to try them on then ‘cause why not

On 9/29/2020 at 1:29 PM, julian-wolf said:

Has anyone here tried either of the new Self Edge collab jeans yet? Interested in any takes on the cut, particularly how much room there is up top 

Looking like I’m gonna be in SF this Saturday; I’ll probably end up swinging by to try them on then ‘cause why not

Picked up the indigo pair on eBay for fairly cheap. They should be here today. Slightly concerned they may be a tad big, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.