Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

It’s important to pick the arcs so you don’t have kids harassing you for wearing fakes. About 5 years ago I was at a barbecue, wearing a pair of Pro Keds canvas basketball shoes. One of my neighbour’s kids, who was about 6 or 7 said “They’re not real Converse”. I felt both insulted and pleased that someone noticed, at the same time!

‘Remember several instances when I added actuates, either hand-sewn or painted.  But, picking,  I can only remember one time ... on a pair on Flatheads right after they changed theirs to the swirly ones.

As for collecting deadstocks  as an investment, never going to happen ... cuz I get high on my own supply.  Jawns never stayed DRY long enough.  Gotta have the fit pix ASAP:laugh2: 

Edited by BrownMetallic

9 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s important to pick the arcs so you don’t have kids harassing you for wearing fakes. About 5 years ago I was at a barbecue, wearing a pair of Pro Keds canvas basketball shoes. One of my neighbour’s kids, who was about 6 or 7 said “They’re not real Converse”. I felt both insulted and pleased that someone noticed, at the same time!

He was 5 and he was right. Very proud of my nephew ...

2 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

This USPS slowdown means my new EDO-AI are somewhere in the network but who knows where.

Looking forward to getting these on.

My USPS package was lost in the ether for 3 weeks and just arrived today. It just said "In Transit, Arriving Late," and weirdly showed up in Hawaii and Ohio (long ways away from me). So, don't be alarmed like I was if it takes a few trips around the country:wacko:

Edited by Suitedupmon

On 8/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, Suitedupmon said:

My USPS package was lost in the ether for 3 weeks and just arrived today. It just said "In Transit, Arriving Late," and weirdly showed up in Hawaii and Ohio (long ways away from me). So, don't be alarmed like I was if it takes a few trips around the country:wacko:

You're telling me! Last package I received took two weeks to move what I could walk in less than an hour. "Arriving late" is the only update and it's been like that for 6 days. Was hoping to start the week on some SC jeans. Wahhhhh :rolleyes:

One of packages went from being "not in the system yet"  for a week and a half to "delivered" automatically. Quite a pleasant surprise. 

If you're selling, do beware of scammers! Especially with recent slow downs. Recently had someone try to tell me that their package said delivered but that they received nothing and that they  wanted a refund / filed a claim with PayPal. As soon as I told him that the scanners have trackers and they should be able to trace where the package last was, he started asking if they really track it. Then to my surprise at 4 AM, he messaged me that the package had just been delivered. He could have been telling the truth, but it didn't seem that way. 

Those persimmon jeans are lovely, and they must pair superbly with an indigo jacket.

As fo the new Edo Ai, the legs are too tight for me. Too bad, the color is lovely. Any other interesting SC denim coming out this year?

6 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Hell yes!

EDO-AI.jpg

It was a strange release this^ one...

Within days of them hitting the shops in Japan, Yahoo was awash with them but they wern't sizing mistakes they were all NWT in all sizes from numerous sellers..

I remember sending a Yahoo link back in April to b_F for the Edo-Ai Type1 so he could complete the tux.. NWT for 140euro ($165)

Madness!

9 hours ago, heyson said:

Can we see fit pics!?

Yessir.

I ended up soaking in cold water for 20 minutes and then soaking in hot water for 20 minutes from thigh to leg opening.

This is a picture fresh from drying, literally 5 minutes after putting them on. Rode the moto for a few hours, feel very comfy. Definitely could hot soak in a week or so when I stretch them out.

Initial thoughts is the denim is very interesting, quite abrasive in a lighter weight no less but patchy indigo coloring with a good amount of green to it. Today was hot and it really wasn't the swamp-fest I was expecting. 

*forgot what it is like to feel pain trying to button new jeans again.

IMG_1056.jpg

So in my looking for a pair of M41030s I came across this lightly worn pair of M41001s in my size. As this big is hard to find, I snagged them up. And by lightly worn, I don't think these things had ever touched water. The fades were brown-tinged when I received them and no puckering or shrinkage looked to have occurred. I gave them a hot wash for sanitary and shrinkage reasons and they came in a BUNCH. Thank goodness because even I was swimming in them. Fit is awesome also, flares out at the hips then it drops STRAIGHT down. 

R0002457.thumb.JPG.a8b268eed9ea46ea552433e0c4d5cf3e.JPGR0002460.thumb.JPG.e081b26e52ae32b6ceebb744b064fd8b.JPG

Look at that marbling!

R0002458.thumb.JPG.499774514a668cb93cf0a30f34a80ac3.JPG

R0002461.thumb.JPG.6e97d5edc26797cd47ca9c3872711262.JPGR0002462.thumb.JPG.a62d36a133c14fabc2b0425cb5883d24.JPG

R00024682.thumb.jpg.451940587346a6461723fd34b7547ca3.jpg

R0002470.thumb.JPG.bcadbcb09ba4428275e1abd3e90b8f04.JPG

8 hours ago, chantheman said:

where did you get your pair from?

Got them from Self Edge. Helping out the local business during these weird times.

14 hours ago, oomslokop said:

kinda love this 2010 stacks-for-dayz fit

Thanks, being tall (6’ 3”) stacks make my legs look a little shorter so I’m fine with it. Not sure if you have seen my SExI14 or SE05BSP but those had some stacks!

Once these settle, they will look awesome in my opinion. First couple of weeks with new denim always looks a little...off.