Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

@Iron Horse I can't remember, where the M41300 faded by your wife or bought in that state? 

Update on the SC41502 Edo Ai:

• they have the strongest smell of new jeans I ever encountered
  • 4 fly buttons as opposed to the 3 fly buttons would have been better given the rise
  • the top block is pretty roomy in size 34
  • the indigo colour is really interesting and with it strong green hues it really looks some "old world" indigo dyed fabric.

Edit: Oh I would also prefer if my pair would have more mismatched pocket bags but that's part of the game, isn't it? ;)

are you 34 in Resolute 710 also?  These appear to be a bit roomier

Does anyone have a fit pic of their 1955s?  I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair, but I never trust the fit pics on store websites, and can't seem to find too many user submitted ones.

5 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Really great-seeming jeans. This pair's actually still up for sale, if anyone wants it, with all of the original packaging & labels. Unworn besides a few quick times trying them on. More photos & details back on page 240 of this thread.

Thanks!

Thanks @Maynard Friedman. Yeah, this is actually the first time I've seen what they look like on me and they do fit really well. They're cut a little slimmer in the waist than Sugar Cane's MiJ jeans of the same era; I expect they'd probably stretch to be comfortable, so this isn't a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to force them. The bigger problem is the front pocket openings, which are smaller than I prefer. I have enough jeans that feel more or less perfect that I think it would feel like a waste of leg time to wear any that weren't, y'know?

That said, the fabric is really great, the detailing is generally in line with my preferences, the cut does suit me well, and so on. Each time I try them on I wonder if I should just give them a bit more serious of a chance…it's not like they're going anywhere, so I really don't have much to lose

Edited by julian-wolf

20 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

SC41955, factory-washed, size 33

3tYyrh3.jpg

If this image had been posted just a few days earlier, I would have thought it was the Resurrection with one twist...Jesus clothed in Denim.

• 1 month later...

Two new pairs to add to the collection, better photos forthcoming

HUAfujD.jpg

(The BEGIN collab is actually a size too big, and will likely end up getting resold after I take some photos—I just really, really wanted the chance to see them in person)

I sent a link to those Begin's to some of our 36" waisted forum peeps, did you win them for 9249¥ 

I said at the time "those Begin are not my thing but if you can get them for less than 10k and they don't work out, it's easy to move them on" good guess eh?

When they're new you get a little sashiko pouch tied to the loops, i think it's full of rice (i can't quite remember) you're meant to carry it around as a talisman :D

https://img.aucfree.com/s617148508.3.jpg

That seller also listed a 'Green Tea' Oki which sold for 2700¥ and a 'Persimmon' Oki which sold for 3700¥ both looked to be in great condition, did you see those @julian-wolf ?

Yep, that was me—funny you should say that, ¥10k was exactly my upper limit

Did also see both the lot 302. If either were my size, I would've jumped on them, but they're still common enough that I wasn't gonna buy them just to take a look and resell…already had a too-small pair of the persimmon ones in great condition a couple of years ago, anyway

I like the pouch of rice idea. From that photo it looks like it's sewn shut? Permanent rice—for use only as a talisman / never as nutrition

Its my upper limit for a lot of lightly used jeans :D just seems like a nice rounded figure.

..it looks like a representation of an inro (worn from the belt) albeit soft.. but i have heard 'talisman' quoted often.

I'm 90% sure it's rice (might be pebbles) i posted about it years ago if you can be arsed to sift through the DB thread... if it's still there that is.

Do you know of anyone around here who has / had an original non-wash or unused once-washed pair? I know Foxy has a pair in good condition, but I think they're hard-washed. Haven't seen many photos floating around these parts.

@julian-wolf Awesome pick up, man!
tad too big on me, as well ... I guess, we take  similar size on SCs .. W34L32, 32” as post wash inseam.
I saw them 1st in this forum @circa ‘08.  ‘Been jonesing on the rainbow denim reissue [same weight], but in a cut w/a bit of taper like a ‘54 or something...

Thnx for the quick response, mate!

Edited by BrownMetallic

Ive 'refreshed' my memory, it's a pouch of salt not rice and it does seem to be bartack sealed, it does symbolise something..i just haven't quite figured out what

http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/a4/8d/10053910793.jpg

The loop on the left is something to do with supporting a shamisen or sanshin, the traditional 3 stringed instrument of Okinawa, they do seem to be played on the hip, i would be interested to know more??... i assume looped over the peg on the bottom? or maybe it's just for carrying the instrument around. It looks like they're played with a large plectrum (bachi) i bet that goes in the small hip pocket.

This example is adorned with the same native python skin as the Okinawa patch

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2012/12/03/sanshin_wide-6245d3e7889a766612fd10b35e53457e6b09a370-s1500-c85.png

They also came with a Begin cloth, i always thought that it was like a bandana to shove in the small pocket when ive seen it folded up but its more like a towel, Oh! and you get a Begin tote :D

6月][出售][SUGAR CANE*BEGIN SC40510][SUGAR CANE SC40400] - Vintage ...

https://img.aucfree.com/c531337472.3.jpg

Begin provided the music for a Sugarcane advertising campaign hence the link/denim..

..I'll keep digging :)

Edited by Double 0 Soul