Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I highly recommend checking out the Sugar Cane website relaunch: 

www.sugarcane.jp

They've put up a ton of background information on various Toyo, Buzz, etc., as well as some articles on the 1947. Really interesting stuff.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, Punch said:

Guys, this is SC41966A in the size of W33 L34. It seems to me that my figure is not very sharpened under this fit. But I would like to try Ooe-Yofukuten Co. Which is also in the 66th fit. Should we expect the same landing?

DSCF4921.jpg

DSCF5011.jpg

DSCF5012.jpg

DSCF5042.jpg

DSCF5049.jpg

DSCF5047.jpg

Why does your 1966 pair have the star at the back pocket? Are the MIUSA pairs all loke that?

I recently started wearing my pair of sc42966 which are MIJ already. I got a 34 which is the usual size I get since I got fatter. I was surprised at the waist and thigh measurements being loose. I was expecting these to have a small waist like the sc1947 but these are quite loose. My just washed size 33 sc1947 are around 3 inches smaller in the waist vs these 34 sc42966.

13 hours ago, unionmade said:

I´m on the look out for this varsity by SC/TOYO (m16490 or m16490.). Probably a 42/large will do, if anyone know of one, please let me know. 

image.thumb.png.ea06273e8debce67bf748c6fd9f3960f.png

I'm not sure about that one specifically, but Pants Shop Avenue does have Toyo varsities under the "Oriental Tops" (Google translate) section of Toyo goods. I haven't looked through all their offerings.

hi guys

I have the SC type II 1953 MODEL SC11953A In a one-wash size 38 and it fits great. I want to purchase a Duck Brown SC type II jacket but the measurements on the Duck Brown seem quite different from the Denim - so I'm unsure on sizing. Is it possible the measurements are so different? Which size do you guys think would work in the Duck Brown version (want closest in fit to denim version in 38). 

Measurements (both from Hinoya): Indication size / width of the shoulders / width of the body / length / length of a kimono sleeve

DENIM type II jacket: One Wash Denim Type II measurements (fits me well): 38(M)/50/54/59/58 

DUCK BROWN type II jacket: 38(M)/47/56/62/61 OR 40(L)/49/58/64/64 

any advice appreciated! will post photos of my type II in denim as seen some good wear now

Edited by jsky808080

My advice would be forget the measurements and find a Rakuten store which stocks both denim and duck versions, they tend to use the same staff members in their sizing shots (model wears a M is 175cm, 70kg...ect) check what size they wear and check if they wear the same size in both denim and duck.

If not... you're a size 38, a common size in JP, just see what size the staff members are wearing, if its the kind of fit you would like and if their build is similar to your own... it's all gravy.

22 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

My advice would be forget the measurements and find a Rakuten store which stocks both denim and duck versions, they tend to use the same staff members in their sizing shots (model wears a M is 175cm, 70kg...ect) check what size they wear and check if they wear the same size in both denim and duck.

If not... you're a size 38, a common size in JP, just see what size the staff members are wearing, if its the kind of fit you would like and if their build is similar to your own... it's all gravy.

Good logical advise 

that's using your head for something other than holding a hat 

2 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

hi guys

I have the SC type II 1953 MODEL SC11953A In a one-wash size 38 and it fits great. I want to purchase a Duck Brown SC type II jacket but the measurements on the Duck Brown seem quite different from the Denim - so I'm unsure on sizing. Is it possible the measurements are so different? 

It might be down to the denim and duck shrinking at different rates, if you're comparring size charts make sure the duck is one-wash and not raw, both jackets might end up the same size post-shrink but show different measurements in raw state.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:15 PM, unionmade said:

I´m on the look out for this varsity by SC/TOYO (m16490 or m16490.). Probably a 42/large will do, if anyone know of one, please let me know. 

image.thumb.png.ea06273e8debce67bf748c6fd9f3960f.png

BTW, not to dash your hopes for a Toyo production, if it never pans out for you, Aero makes enough of a dead ringer (minus a few things that you can probably customize into it):

aeroletterman1.jpg

aeroletterman2.jpg

Hey folks. I’m selling not one, but TWO pairs of SC jeans—1966 (size 32) and 1947 (34). The 66 is brand new (OW) and the 47 was soaked once and BARELY worn but was purchased raw. Both are insanely huge on me now due to weight loss. DM me if you’re interested before I make the sale thread. Posting pics of my old, now-unwearable 1966s so as not to clog up the thread with sale business!

A145D5DE-B9B9-455B-A779-77C4DD4C3AD7.jpeg

36E4C18C-D0B5-4A75-9F94-B77ACDC9C5F8.jpeg

Broark posted these new Edo-Ai jeans back in January but here’s an additional image taken from Sugar Cane’s Instagram. They’re due for release soon to commemorate the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (although perhaps that will be 2021) and are known as the Tokyo jeans.

7811835D-2A38-44CC-A19F-A0C1009297AC.jpeg

IMG_4861.thumb.jpg.fcae8e202bca7f613a2f37566b97d0b1.jpg

I've had a pair of these since December and love them, the denim is fairly unique and the fit is a nice slim tapered (but not very slim because it's still Sugar Cane..). These land at all stores in May.

Glad to see it looks like they'll be doing the new jeans in multiple cuts—the earlier Self Edge post with just the ultra-slim ones was a little worrying

Also didn't realize they'd redone their site!

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Glad to see it looks like they'll be doing the new jeans in multiple cuts—the earlier Self Edge post with just the ultra-slim ones was a little worrying

Also didn't realize they'd redone their site!

There's only one fit in this denim, the one I posted about previously. 

Ah, oh well. I was just getting my info by eye from that Instagram post—in the first photo, it really looks like the two folded pairs of jeans have very different amounts of room in the crotch / hips. I guess that was just a trick of the eye

The jacket's still more than a little tempting…

On 3/24/2020 at 4:24 AM, kiya said:

I've had a pair of these since December and love them, the denim is fairly unique and the fit is a nice slim tapered (but not very slim because it's still Sugar Cane..). These land at all stores in May.

Do the stores plan on carrying the TYPE I also?

Edited by Suitedupmon

On 3/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, Suitedupmon said:

Do the stores plan on carrying the TYPE I also?

No sorry, just the jeans.

EDIT: Actually yes, we'll have the jacket too.

Edited by kiya