Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have that one too. After an initial soak I warm washed mine and hot dried it for about 10 minutes, the fabric really developed character after that and shrank more to fit better. 

It's a nice jacket.

Edited by SmokeStackLightning

• 2 weeks later...

I never could get the shrink down enough and so they just sit in wait until I return to the US and trade this Asian diet for some tortas & cerveza and gain back some kilos. 

Edited by Pedro

My SC collection still consists of only a couple contemporary examples (the 40303 and a pair of 40301 bought used). I had the opportunity to buy a pair of rainbow instead of the 40301 but was to much a rube to know what a treasure they were. 

My interest now is to find the older examples of SC with the pre-lawsuit era arcs and green tag or similar early vintage denim they were making and which I occasionally post exciting photos I find online.

Ofcourse, we know these are rare to find and @julian-wolf seems to be expert at scoring those few before search engines even find them...Lol

I like the cloth patch on this pair pictured (not actually mine).

000E6A50-A8A8-4D1B-B6B4-4B7659B07634.png

^ Lucky for you, 00 just recently “moved” his M-series thread over here from Denimbro—should give some hints as to what to search for, or at the very least some good inspiration

I’ve got no plans to stop snatching up any deadstock 33s and 34s that appear, though…

Ebay USA has just been flooded with SC items from a JP vintage store.

They have a pair of SC41300 in what appears to be new condition 36x36 (w/pocket sticker & swing tag) if anyone is interested in shelling out $560 USD. (But that includes free shipping).

Just what I have wanted to buy and in my size but too rich for me. Probably just as well since they should go to a collector instead of me...my intention would be to wear them.

EDIT:

Maybe the same pair @Broark saw on Yahoo Auctions?

Edited by Pedro

Some less common SC on Grailed currently.

Lot 600 was a limited run of 12.5-oz hand woven Okinawa (50/50) with natural indigo that retailed for ¥56,000 so these are a steal.

Description here:  http://www.mil-mil.net/docs/sugarcane/jeans/sc40600/sc40600.html

I would have purchased these "Lot 600" because I love the cinch-back but they have a short back rise that would give me "plumber's crack" and I would not know how to properly care/ launder such an amazing denim anyway.

IMG_1681.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

Edited by Pedro

@julian-wolf

Lot 100 question.

Is the Lot 100 when the Hawaii had smooth leather rather than hair on? 

Sidenote: Look at the beauty in that fabric as it fades (top photo).

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

old lot 100 Hawaiis still show up pretty regularly, even in common sizes. I think those had a tab, but maybe not?

5C8B5A67-9896-494C-8EF3-628C428334BF.jpeg

5211C1C1-CC6D-4DC1-858C-12E413DC77EE.jpeg

Edited by Pedro