Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

For what it's worth, these would do fine with sizing down 1–2" in the waist. They're cut wide, and the fabric doesn't shrink much but stretches plenty anyhow. Mine are size 33 but fit at least a size larger through the top block than other similarly-tagged Cane's from the period, and actually even a good bit larger than my modern W34 lot 401 Hawaii jeans. A 32 would likely give me a better fit, and a 31 wouldn't be uncomfortable (but might not go as well with the style).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thanks_M8 said:

Has one of you seen the type 2 in okinawa/hawaii denim? Been thinking about it, after i got a tax return, but am not sure if it's not too loud.

Specifically these: http://pants-shop-avenue.com/item/SC10701/?mode=pc

We just got those at all of our stores this week, it looks a lot better in person than in photos... in some of the photos the contrast between the two denim styles looks off, but in person it's just the right amount of weird.

Any idea or pictures how the okinawas with tab looked like? Did they have arcs or the sashiko “arcs“ they have nowadays. Found a pair with red tab reading “canes“ on grailed, but they have sashiko “arcs“, as they have now, and am not sure about the authenticity and if they're worth the price.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, mlwdp said:

These are nice!

x7XPt5J.png

OA9hiR2.png

826BAF03-5474-405F-848D-B60620035F76.png

sc28191 in case anyone here is looking for them somewhere else online.

Milwaukee is also selling them but not the denim version yet

http://www.mil-mil.net/docs/sugarcane/shirt/sc28191/sc28191.html

Based on Western shirts from the late 1950s, we have reviewed lengths and sleeve widths that are too long.
A western shirt with vintage details, made using the classic Chambray fabric and elaborate techniques.

● One-wash model
● Western cut back yoke
● Snap button with natural shell embedded
● Left pocket flap with pen throttle
● Sewing is a 2-needle winding finish
● The front is sewn with a separate fabric

Edited by mlwdp

These are new this season, so there’s not likely to be much info available on them yet.

I wouldn’t expect them to be cut exactly the same as the lot 1947, and, even if they were, they’d probably end up fitting differently after shrink + stretch.

The MiUSA 1955 have stupidly small front pocket openings. Let’s hope that’s not the case for these, too….

Edited by julian-wolf

• 2 weeks later...