Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

anyone have the whitesville pocket tee? how thick/warm is it? considering getting a 2 pack of the heather shirts, but been looking for a decent heather pocket t and haven’t found any that stand out. not a fan of heavier shirts that don’t breathe well so that would be a deal-breaker.

8 hours ago, wavehead said:

anyone have the whitesville pocket tee? how thick/warm is it? considering getting a 2 pack of the heather shirts, but been looking for a decent heather pocket t and haven’t found any that stand out. not a fan of heavier shirts that don’t breathe well so that would be a deal-breaker.

I don't have the pocket tee but do have the standard crew neck.

They are nice and a little on the thicker side, but nothing crazy by any means. I sized up two from my typical US sizing but wish I only sized up by one instead.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/SUGAR-CANE-1947-DENIM-JEANS-PANTS-TOYO-ENTERPRISE-33X34/133146288367?hash=item1f002320ef:g:xXUAAOSwc81dWoJD
For anyone looking for a pair of 1947s with broken arcs and tab ;)
Can't fit in them, sadly, but they're a great price and maybe one of you wants them.

^ Yeah, I get that accurately gauging the political climate in a different country half way around the world from a marketing perspective has gotta be pretty tough, but it's hard to not interpret that as being in pretty poor taste…

Anyway, jeans look nice. Still on the fence about whether or not I'll end up wearing my MiUSA 1955s—great jeans, but the front pocket openings are tiny, which is a sorta hard sell for me.

Price on those is a little higher than past models, but not by a crazy amount. The MiJ 1947 is just stupidly cheap.

3 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

Wherever MF gets his domestic stuff done.

probably, SF area...

Los Angeles area, in a Japanese owned factory.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I like looking at the old models of SC on Grailed. There are often some very well used pairs and currently there is a model listed I was not familiar with.

It is possibly called “Sailor” or “65” ?

It is a dungaree cut that I really like and has an interesting back pocket with a “W” and a blank thick leather patch.

And check out those rivets. Possibly Stainless. I have a pair of Levis with aluminum rivets. They look great as the denim fades.

Cool stuff.

I wish SC would do a release of sone of their vintage items. Bring back the old buttons ;-)

4DF642B5-126C-4765-8A60-C9831E89AC74.jpeg

90006418-7638-4E2B-A43B-814A2A9C9E6C.jpeg

83EA2852-3446-4A0C-BC41-899F31762F6A.jpeg

0E93CE4D-9E18-469E-816C-CF1D2E307589.jpeg

Have a link to these? I’ve been trying to find a pair of these and the size might work for me.