Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

12 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

@ecsong187, I’m not Julian but I’m pretty sure they are the M41058 (11MW) model.

Thanks man! Any tips for locating a pair? I’ve been looking on eBay and Rakuten with no luck 

34 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think Yahoo auctions (Japan) is the best way forward, never used it myself though.

I had trouble with Buyee when I used Yahoo.JP

Magbe a one off but sure soured me since it cost me $54 USD.

10 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

@PedroNaoki at Pants Shop Avenue still has the full range of models made of the 16.25oz denim:

Thanks!

Website shows no more 34W Lot 303.  PSA is great for carrying Raw (No-Wash).

Edited by Pedro

This website lists a 1947 with red selvedge and 60/40 Zimbabwe/American cotton.

It appears to me that these are just regular SC41947 with pink selvedge and this would make them 100% Zimbabwe.

Wasn’t the original Levi a Zimbabwe/American blend? Does it seem like the vendor simply is confusing their description rather than selling some limited “run” of SC 1947?

The price is nearly 2X what they cost on Denimio.

https://www.americanclassicslondon.com/products/sugar-cane-1947-unsanforized-red-selvedge-jeans?variant=25090075079

Edited by Pedro

Just bought a pair of M41030X on ebay in one-wash condition :) 
They seem to be made in the 90s (red tab and broken arcs) and a 1937 repro of some sorts.
Looking forward to them, and always happy to know a bit more about them if one of you got some infos!

Good find, @Thanks_M8. As mentioned a page or two ago, 00 Soul's thread over on the Brand Archives section of Denimbro is a great resource for dating / identifying old Cane's. Beyond that, not sure how much you'll be able to find. Looking forward to seeing pics!

2 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

unworn M41001 in size 34 for sale on Grailed.

Great!

I wish these were from the earlier “early” days when they had the actual patch instead of just the stitched outline.

Are these early vintage sized a little small for their tag size compared to, say, a modern SC41947 ?

Thanks

Edited by Pedro

My pairs of M-series Cane's (both tagged 36L) have shrunk to end up with around a 34–35" inseam. Take that as you will

Both are the same waist size as my more contemporary Cane's

edit: …but definitely take 00's word over mine

Edited by julian-wolf

Well its decided.

I have too many pairs of denim to wear out in one lifetime (or even to reach the proper fades) by sitting at a desk so I am quitting the office and becoming a full-time arborist...Lol

Edited by Pedro

And here is a pair of unknown SC currently on Ebay. (One of two almost identical pair). This fade is not only unimaginative...its actually hideous. 

What wash habits destroy the very soul of a pair of denim like this? 

IMG_1651.PNG

I am still on the search for the gree/red/brown pocket tab CANE.

What is the timeline of the broken arcuate and pocket tab demise? I had assumed they occured at the same time following the lawsuit but I am finding SC with broken arcuate but no pocket tab and no evidence it was cut off.

Thanks for insight.

Edited by Pedro

Does anyone know if the Hawaii is still made with sugarcane fiber actually from Hawaii? I thought I had read somewhere awhile back that Hawaii and Okinawa models were made with sugar cane from their respective regions, but that could have just been some misinformation or something. 

Just wondering because I read that Hawaii stopped sugar cane production in the last few years 

Edited by SuperJackle