Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

36 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

can anyone recommend a JP proxy to UKthat will mark as gift. i dont mind paying extra for SC, but the markup is pretty high in the UK compared to JP pricing. wanted to get a type 2 jacket and some jeans. 

did a search in supertalk but they seem to be old/dated threads

Denimio will mark it as gift as they let you outright choose so before you pay. 

Just now, jsky808080 said:

will they let you specify the amount hte item is worth? uk gift allownace is £36

Pretty sure they label it a sample and say "little value" or something along those lines. 

It's been a long time since I had them mark down a price, so I can't remember and things could have changed. 

The last item I ordered two months ago still had the option of "mark as gift/low value", again not entirely sure on their wording used but you can still request that. 

1 minute ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Pretty sure they label it a sample and say "little value" or something along those lines. 

It's been a long time since I had them mark down a price, so I can't remember and things could have changed. 

The last item I ordered two months ago still had the option of "mark as gift/low value", again not entirely sure on their wording used but you can still request that. 

great! yes well - a sample - i guess a lot of us want samples to try them out etc before we purchase other items. thanks for the quick reply

On 7/25/2017 at 11:44 PM, Iron Horse said:

And the plot thickens. :blink: Perhaps someone with authority and a 30 waist must have complained about the thighs on the 2009 being too big. :P

hey guys. so i tried on WH 800 in 31 and 900 in 32 one wash today - both fit decent, and were comfortable in the thighs. i wanted to try SC 1947, and SC type II and type iii - but looking at measurements - looks like thighs are going to be tighter in a simlar waist size - that seem accurate? 

for reference - i also have FC 1108 in 31 waist (thigh online says 11.61) and 3sixteen ST220Z 32 waist (thigh 11.4 thight online) - both these jeans are fine in the thigh, but i dont think i would wear much tigther.

i can't find any london stocklist of one-wash - so anyone know if WH 800/900 in general fit a bit looser in thighs than SC 1947 type II or III?

Edited by jsky808080

those had the very obvious/prominent ripped arcs - most likely a later version w/o any arcs at all...or the arcs had been taken off.

Edited by Foxy2

Yeah, my guess is ripped out…am not aware of any versions that were sold post-lawsuit, by then it seems like they were just doing all the various versions of the 302 for non-indigo denim?

hey guys - question about the SC 1953 type II 16.25 green selvedge jacket. i tried it on at american classics in london, in the one-wash version. the 38 fit well, but the guy in the store said to buy the 40 to allow it to shrink. i explained that i plan on washign 30 or 40 degrees in teh machine..and he said he still recommends getting hte 40 and that it will shrink.

i'm confused as i thought one-wash means no more shinkage - especially at 30 or 40 degrees - can anyone clarify?

thx 

Edited by jsky808080

Well I tried on the MiUSA 1955 again yesterday evening and I think they might not be for me after all. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to let them go for what I paid (I think around $190, but I'll need to double-check). Tried on twice, never worn outside, flasher and tags present but sadly not attached, box and all other promotional material present. Really cool pair of jeans, just less my style than some others and not very likely to get worn, which seems like a waste. Shoot me a PM.

RLIrHIU.jpg

Edited by julian-wolf

Damn, I see:

2 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

What I would really like to see is a Type II, made in the Hawaii denim.

and I think the 1947 Type II cut (2009) not a jacket. I'd love a slightly slimmer fit in the Hawaii or Okinawa denim.

1 minute ago, elmcitizen said:

Damn, I see:

and I think the 1947 Type II cut (2009) not a jacket. I'd love a slightly slimmer fit in the Hawaii or Okinawa denim.

Agree slighter slimmer on Oki & HI.

Have you tried ordering a waist size down? Thats my next purchase.

Also my HI fit slimmer than my Oki. Is this typical?

thanks