Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

16 hours ago, Pedro said:

Good advice. Thank you.

I also have a pair of Okinawa 36W which I purchased slightly used and these are going on the auction block as well.  The SC fits about a size larger than LVC.

@Pedro

Send me a PM w/ the 1947 measurements, I might be interested.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

I think, and I stress think, the Gripper Zipper is more historically accurate for a 50's pair, I don't think Talon were around as much on jeans then. Warehouse seem to use the Gripper Zipper branded zips on all their non button fly jeans.

I'll correct myself, after looking at some vintage 501zxx etc on Insta, it seems Talon zips were around then, just not the famous Talon 42 model. Also, another brand called Conmar.

Please forgive me internet.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by 501XX4EVER

I agree that the best way is to measure a good fitting pair that you own and then compare the measurements with the SC1947. It's important that you measure your pair the same way as the store where they sell sc1947. @Atcharut

I find the waist measurement really small on my pair. But as Pedro say, the waist will stretch and if the other measurements looks ok then a 32 might work.

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Nope. No retailers of Sugar Cane in Thailand. I looked all over. Be prepared for about a 1,200 Baht Import Duty on a pair of SC41947 that list for $170 USD.

I had an order shipped to BKK last November.

Denimio has an excellent Chat option that pops up when you start to shop. The people who respond on the Chat are excellent. They will help you with sizing and even provide specific measurements from the pants they will ship.

Is that real to pay 1200 Bath of import duty?  Once I had a contact with them, I asked if I was going to pay tax along with an order , they said they were going to send me a little gift to avoid Import duty or something. Anyway thxs a lot again for your help @Pedro 

^ Looks like that pair has a fair amount of wear in them, based on the patch. Those still show up more-or-less new on Yahoo for not much more than that; if anyone's interested it's worth having a look there. The chambray that they're made of looks really interesting—I've been tempted more than once.

I saw what seemed like a new version of sugarcane 1966s yesterday at hinoya. Any details on these? These didnt have the made in usa patch of the old 1966s

Edit-- i passed by again and these were 1966 and not 1955s. The salesperson told me they were made in japan and a new fabric a little lighter than the 47s

Edited by mousemouse