Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

4 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

The two pairs you have are one-washed, but they're certainly not sanforized. None of Sugar Cane's main fabrics are sanforized, as far as I know.

As far as buying non-wash goes, your best options are History Preservation or Pants Shop Avenue. Between these two, all of Sugar Cane's current offerings should be available in non-wash. Look for product numbers ending in N, rather than A.

I fixed my typing error to UN-sanforized. Yikes.

And thanks for the info on sourcing.

-pedro

Just did some preliminary searching but didn’t see much. Anyone care to share photos of their SC41470’s and how they fade? Thinking I’ll pick up a pair soon and try to make the slimmer thighs work. I tried on some old Stevenson Hilts chinos with similar measurements and they fit me well now, so maybe these will be the black jeans I’ve been looking for.

Jungle Cloth?

Anyone have experience with this? I am intrigued.

Apologies if I should post in SelfEdge?

“Jungle cloth is a very durable fabric that far outlasts any khaki (fabric, not color) on the market, also due to it's gros-grain weave the fabric is weatherproof and extremely soft on one side, the inside of the pant. The inside feels like pressed cashmere while the outside is a smooth and slick canvas so any dirt or contaminants are easily brushed off.”

Edited by Pedro

Hi guys!

I'm new to Sugar Cane and looking to pick up my first pair of jeans. I'm looking for a fit with a normal to high rise, I prefer a non-slim fit but I would like a slight taper from the knee down. For example, I really like the 505 jeans from TCB if anyone is familiar with that model. I'm current looking at the SC 1966 jeans, is there any other model I should look at too? 

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the help!

On 11/28/2018 at 8:03 AM, Pedro said:

Jungle Cloth?

Anyone have experience with this? I am intrigued.

Apologies if I should post in SelfEdge?

“Jungle cloth is a very durable fabric that far outlasts any khaki (fabric, not color) on the market, also due to it's gros-grain weave the fabric is weatherproof and extremely soft on one side, the inside of the pant. The inside feels like pressed cashmere while the outside is a smooth and slick canvas so any dirt or contaminants are easily brushed off.”

My BuzzRickson's x SugarCane Peacoat Is made from the jungle cloth. Without finding my catalogue from that year I believe It talks about contraband Indigo Items at the time but servicemen were using them because It was easier to keep clean and did not show up stains as much etc. It notes that the fabric Is good for keeping out the wind chill.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sharing the 2009 model before and after 1.5 year aged. This Sugarcane 12 oz denim brings a bit grey and brown tone, i never see any other has bright sharp blue anyway. Pretty cool one as the cutting is nice and fabric is easy carry in Asia humid weather. This an over sized 2009 on my body (just don't wanna confused about the cutting, normally it's cut is narrower than the photo shows)

46305665_1751938364910298_4304904256890077184_n.jpg

46479649_1751938281576973_6035806262208233472_n.jpg

On 12/13/2018 at 5:04 AM, julian-wolf said:

WmLGYeN.jpg

Oooooold pair of Cane's came in today. Just the teaser for now—will post some more photos when I have time to take them during the daylight

Amazing find there, I had a pair of their take on the Lee 1945B and they were very high quality repo's, I'm sure these will be the same. They had the same clever way of doing the back pocket stitching to get around the ole legal hassles.

These Hawaii jeans are itchy as all fuck.

I got the raw version from PSA, got a lot of shrink out of them. I couldn't believe how much indigo came out. 

I don't know about the pocket design. I didn't think it would phase me but I'm thinking of ripping it off (or parting ways with them all together). Decisions decisions. 

29 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

These Hawaii jeans are itchy as all fuck.

I got the raw version from PSA, got a lot of shrink out of them. I couldn't believe how much indigo came out. 

I don't know about the pocket design. I didn't think it would phase me but I'm thinking of ripping it off (or parting ways with them all together). Decisions decisions. 

The itchiness passes with wear. I have multiple pairs of the 50/50 fabric jeans and they do soften up. What is bothering you about the pocket and which pocket is the issue?

I know the TSA loves that tag in the front pocket because they stop me everytime I go through the scanner and want to know what's in my pocket, LOL.

The front tag in the pocket won't be staying if I decide to keep them lol.

The flower looking arcuate is my legit only problem with them. The color and fit is great. The itchiness was crazy, I couldn't stand it. Maybe I'll try wearing longjohns under them tomorrow and give it another whirl. 

My girlfriend said it looks "kind of girly, and sort of like the Steelers logo", but doesn't mind it. I mean I love the Steelers but she is kind of right. 

The itchiness goes away very quickly (not like the Okinawa's pocket bags, which are sand paper for weeks...)

I love the Sugar Cane fabrics, personally. They acquire a great texture pretty quickly.

On 21/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

please reconsider :)

45539874235_ffca381a9c_c.jpg

I've been meaning to update.

I've taken a liking to the higher rise and have been enjoying them quite a bit actually since giving them a chance. The itchiness left after about a full day of wear, and the color and details are just too good to pass on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, i’m planning to get SC 2014 / 47 type 3..

I’ve been doing research about the measurements, based on 2 site, History Preservation & Selfedge.. and their measurement is slightly different, HP stated the waist on size 31 as 33” while on SE size 31 is 32” , both are one wash version.. which one should i follow or have more accurate sizing? Thanks..