Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

tough choice; the 2014 fabric is great from what i've seen, although whether it stands up well against warehouse is ... i guess a matter of preference :P

since i bumped to a new page (and am also wearing sugar canes right now) here is a texture pic of my 40601s featuring some ink i spilled on them while giving a tattoo this evening:

asdf.thumb.jpg.97034fe48ac24d1ef3ee63b3a589a6f5.jpg

Edited by chicote

anyone know how much their normal work shirt/flannels shrink? I spilled some coffee on mine and needs a wash. I'll probably wash on cold an hang dry but was just curious if anyone had any experiencing? It's just that the fit is perfect and can't really risk losing to much in any category. 

My MP-597 (early ‘90s) which I  bought lightly used.

Sorry about the picture dump but I thought it’d be interesting for some as there aren’t many of these out there.

Selvedge line is huge. Compared to a pair of LVC ‘47s.

0DF544DB-879C-4CF0-92F2-478C7A16247F.jpeg

7B74589E-6238-4DB2-89CE-F8E3ECC5323B.jpeg

0FD3F398-33CF-48E9-86E3-37E7588CE39A.jpeg

E969D2AF-1D89-4900-BE30-BAFC032C9AB2.jpeg

79DCA065-A92F-4BF1-A6F7-3746B21702C2.jpeg

7A5F38BF-7C6D-402D-BA67-F77087776F2A.jpeg

3D34ED04-2313-4A0F-97CD-F0C2BBC977B7.jpeg

A7BBD8F1-617A-4F62-93DA-141537515EFE.jpeg

50 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

Whoa, great pick up. Where'd you find those?

I really shouldn’t tell ‘cause I’ve found lots of great deals there but what the heck, found them on Etsy. You can prob find some on yahoo auctions if you have some time.

Does anyone have a good source for unsanforized 1947's? They are not stocked at my go-to retailer for Sugar Cane stuff (Self Edge). Thanks. 

Edited by 428CJ

In other news, I just made a very exciting (and uncharacteristic) impulse purchase!

No item number listed, but as far as I can tell these are the SC40200, a pair that I've longed after for quite a while. Were any other similar pairs made with that patch / pocket art / etc.? Even if this is a synthetic-dyed version, I'll be plenty happy to have an old pair with arcs and a tab (and kakishibu pocket bags!) for ~$100, but I have to admit that I've gotten my hopes up a bit for the natural dyed version.

Edited by julian-wolf
bad bbcode

6 hours ago, 428CJ said:

Yes, I meant unshrunk, not unsanforized – just an imperfect use of terminology, not confusion. Thanks for the tip.

At Self Edge we actually have some pairs of unwashed 1947's at the stores, they're in random sizes scattered across our 5 stores.

If we don't have your size we can order it and have it pulled from the next production run they make, which happens every 2 months in Japan.  Just email us and we can sort you out real quick.

7 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

In other news, I just made a very exciting (and uncharacteristic) impulse purchase!

No item number listed, but as far as I can tell these are the SC40200, a pair that I've longed after for quite a while. Were any other similar pairs made with that patch / pocket art / etc.? Even if this is a synthetic-dyed version, I'll be plenty happy to have an old pair with arcs and a tab (and kakishibu pocket bags!) for ~$100, but I have to admit that I've gotten my hopes up a bit for the natural dyed version.

3 hours ago, Capsicum Fried Meat said:

Yes, the item you got is SC40200 阿波蓼正蓝 natural indigo dyed

confirmed - great purchase!

Awesome, thanks both for the confirmation! I'm very much looking forward to getting these in. I'm usually a 33 in this cut and these are a 32, so hopefully they'll have enough thigh room—if not, expect them to show up on eBay for the same price in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

There are three things I would absolutely love to see from Sugar Cane:

1) Raw black 1953 Type II jacket, SHORT

2) Black Type III jeans, RAW

3) Raw 1947's, BLACK

I have the jacket and the Type III's. I love them. This black material is one of the best looking denims I've ever seen. But I would prefer the jacket short (like my blue version) and the Type III jeans raw (like the jacket), and the classic 501 cut done in that wonderful denim.

Did I miss these items being available somewhere?

Thanks.

Edited by 428CJ

21 hours ago, kiya said:

At Self Edge we actually have some pairs of unwashed 1947's at the stores, they're in random sizes scattered across our 5 stores.

If we don't have your size we can order it and have it pulled from the next production run they make, which happens every 2 months in Japan.  Just email us and we can sort you out real quick.

Thank you very much for that information/offer. Very good to know!

On 12/11/2017 at 4:57 PM, julian-wolf said:

Update: these showed up yesterday morning! Pictures are forthcoming; in the meantime, a quick question: the model number is listed as "SC40200C". Does anyone know what the "C" stands for? I'm used to thinking of "N", "A", and "H" suffixes as signifying unwashed, once-washed, and hard-washed jeans, respectively, and I think I've seen "SHW" somewhere or other, but I've never seen this suffix before.