Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

10 hours ago, lance said:

Niro, Maynard is likely right but Naoki at Pants Shop Avenue may be a possible source. As I recall, they once had them raw, the only ones I’ve seen not one wash. Mine were one wash, starting out a dark indigo color and the evolution as the indigo faded and the colors emerged was a kick! Best of luck. If I find a source, I’ll let you know - please do the same for me as I’d like another shot at them. [email protected]

edit - www.rogues.co.jp, Rakuten Global Market has a size 31 in what they are calling "hard wash" for $235.86 US. Hard wash likely means they will start out with some color showing.

Thanks lance. I'll shoot Naoki an email.

I also found that pair on rogues, but didn't look too good. We do love our raws to break in ourselves :D

I'll definitely let you know if I find somewhere

I hear you, Nirro, but it shows, as Maynard suggested, that they are still available. A very long shot but worth trying; Kiya special ordered my pair a number of years ago. He always has his “ear to the ground” so give him a shout. One more and I’ll stop with the suggestions! History Preservation also carried them and may still have the odd pair. Honestly, they are worrth the effort.

Edited by lance

Someone should snap up this Type 2, which I assume is made from the same 14oz denim as the Hawaii jeans. If it was a size 40 rather than a 38, I think I would.

Alternatively, how about this Type 1 in some kind of Okinawa denim (presumably left hand twill)?

7 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Alternatively, how about this Type 1 in some kind of Okinawa denim (presumably left hand twill)?

Ooooh, that's a pretty one—makes me wish I had smaller shoulders. Could just be me, but based on the one close-up photo of the pocket it actually looks less like a twill and more like a chambray / duck. Thoughts?

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Could just be me, but based on the one close-up photo of the pocket it actually looks less like a twill and more like a chambray / duck. Thoughts?

google translate to the rescue:

"From SUGAR CANE (Sugar cane), Okinawa indigo mixed sugar cane plain weave denim "first type" jacket.

It is a denim jacket made based on Levi's "1st MODEL". A reprint version of the 1st model that had not changed its prototype for half a century. Four button specifications at the front of the box type silhouette, patch pocket without flap on the left one chest, back shinch to adjust the width of the body etc are characterized.

This product is the dead stock of our shop, which has finished production now. Although there may be subtle dirt and discoloration due to display etc, please order on your understanding."

Decided to spend my morning today sipping some coffees and taking photos of a few pairs of jeans that I am about to retire insted of going to work.

About to spam you guys with photos of my "black Type 3 slim" and my 2014's if you guys dont mind.

Not to sure on the day count or number of washes on these, but over the last year and a half, they have been my favourite jean and they were worn a lot, and they saw a lot. Skateboarding, days on the couch, motorcycle trips, being caught on fire in these on a motorcycle, camping in the dirt. Lots of love!

IMG_9349.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG

IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9368.JPG

IMG_9369.JPG

IMG_9371.JPG

IMG_9378.JPG

IMG_9381.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9386.JPG

IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

IMG_9392.JPG

IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9376.JPG

Has Sugar Cane made any jeans out of their black denim besides the Type III's? I've begun lusting after that fabric, but I don't think that cut has nearly enough thigh room for me. A 1947 or similar would be ideal.

12 minutes ago, MileHighEvertonian said:

^wow. I can't believe your patch is holding up so nicely. 

Yeah i thought it would show at the very least a little wear but it almost looks new after probably 15 machine washes and a couple trips to the dryer.