Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

On 7/10/2017 at 3:28 AM, Iron Horse said:

Crazy :blink::D

The thighs on the 2009 cut are already very slim, which forced me to size up, but then the waist was huge. 

It's mostly below the knee in my experience. Personally, I actually think the 2014 is a more well rounded fit that the 2009.

36 minutes ago, BAerts said:

It's mostly below the knee in my experience. Personally, I actually think the 2014 is a more well rounded fit that the 2009.

That would make sense; to me the 2009 cut was made for guys with skinny legs only, so it would make sense that the 2014 would be an updated cut; Self Edge measurements show the thigh on the 2014 is 11.75, up from 11.6 on the 2009, which looks better to me.

On 14.7.2017 at 3:29 AM, Iron Horse said:

Self Edge measurements show the thigh on the 2014 is 11.75, up from 11.6 on the 2009, which looks better to me.

Weird though, because the thigh measurement for a size 30 is 10.8" on the 2014 vs 11.2" on the 2009, according to the same tables. 

7 hours ago, mandel9000 said:

Weird though, because the thigh measurement for a size 30 is 10.8" on the 2014 vs 11.2" on the 2009, according to the same tables. 

And the plot thickens. :blink: Perhaps someone with authority and a 30 waist must have complained about the thighs on the 2009 being too big. :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2016 at 2:39 AM, Coolguyzack said:

So while my Ooes are getting repaired, I bought a pair of Sugar Cane 1966s, specifically SC42966. It doesn't have the ugly star!

The fit:

Size: 30

XXyXjiw.jpgJXl55ym.jpg

Post some more pics as those don't work! :D

• 4 weeks later...

A few closeup shots of my Type III worn since May.  Washed recently since they get visibly dirty faster than your standard indigo pair.  Love this denim, develops a nice sheen and also a chalky quality at faded areas at the same time.  

20170910_203544.jpg

20170910_203925.jpg

20170910_204015.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr Feelgood said:

IMG_20170911_202455_HDR.jpg

Quite a collection you got there! I love the price point of SC'a flannels and shirts but haven't taken the plunge yet due to sizing as I would need a minimum of 51cm in shoulder shirt measurements.

• 4 weeks later...

Niro, Maynard is likely right but Naoki at Pants Shop Avenue may be a possible source. As I recall, they once had them raw, the only ones I’ve seen not one wash. Mine were one wash, starting out a dark indigo color and the evolution as the indigo faded and the colors emerged was a kick! Best of luck. If I find a source, I’ll let you know - please do the same for me as I’d like another shot at them. [email protected]

edit - www.rogues.co.jp, Rakuten Global Market has a size 31 in what they are calling "hard wash" for $235.86 US. Hard wash likely means they will start out with some color showing.

Edited by lance