Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

9 hours ago, LQW said:

Whatever happened to the arcs + red tab version? It seems you can only find the non-arc versions nowadays.

They stopped making those almost 10 years ago after a lawsuit involving Levi's.

• 3 weeks later...

It always amazes me how the 47's look slim on one person versus looking like bell bottoms on another person.  Even on myself, they are wider in the legs so to speak.  Maybe it's just me.

1 hour ago, mlwdp said:

It always amazes me how the 47's look slim on one person versus looking like bell bottoms on another person.  Even on myself, they are wider in the legs so to speak.  Maybe it's just me.

Right there with you.

Saw lots of people wearing the 47's, went and tried on a pair, and was all WTF? Seems the 2014 is a better fit for me. 

Yep, it's not a super wide fit, not slim either, though I think for w30 and below it's approaching slim (at least it looks that way in photos).

Honestly, anything wider than the 47 doesn't look good on me, so it's wide to me. :P

It turns out to be a perfect regular fit on me  which is great. The cut is well patterned and looks good with all my shoes, too.

I can definitely wear and appreciate wider jeans than this, though.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:42 PM, LQW said:

Gave my 47s a wash last night. Love how they turned out but a tad regretful I had them tapered last summer. Oh well, at least the fabric is awesome!

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG

They look great but I wish we could've seen what they looked like before taper, just to get an idea.

11 hours ago, mlwdp said:

They look great but I wish we could've seen what they looked like before taper, just to get an idea.

I wish I had some pics to share... These were (supposedly) only tapered from the knee down, i.e I gave Railcar the same thigh measurement when they did a whole leg taper. I think the slimness in the top block is a combination of the denim shrinking more than they stretch and my having large butt-n-thighs for a 28 waist. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is a sad day.. I am about 10 and a half months into heavy rotational wear of my Black Type 3s, and I just had another big blow out, this time in the crotch area and there is nobody locally to fix them, and I am moving in 2 weeks so I do not want to send them away anywhere just yet. Ran them through the washer this morning and now I am putting them onto the shelf for temporary retirement.

Lots of photos.. maybe too many (oops)

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Those type III are so nice.  I just got my pair in the mail from self edge today -- fit is absolutely perfect.  I know  these are one-wash, but can anyone tell me from their experience how much, if any, additional shrink you get from subsequent washes?  Plan to wash cold & hang dry.  Thanks.  

• 2 weeks later...